Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Led Zeppelin, 4/27/69, Fillmore West

[ QUOTE ]
A bit of trivia.. This Zep show in April of 1969 was THE WEEK Jimmy Page bought his famous goldtopped Les Paul Standard guitar from Joe Walsh. Its quite historic hearing Page on stage for the first time with the signature guitar he would play throughout his career. And boy does it sound great!

Awesome site this wolfgangsvault is. Couple 100 shows I gota listen too. So much new music woah...

BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was also one of the first times Page played the theremin onstage. The guys in Spirit showed it to him, and he supposedly medleyed Fresh Garbage into the As Long As I Have You jam as thanks.

BTW, Page also used the theremin on an obscure track on Led Zeppelin II later in '69... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2007, 02:53 AM

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/C...px?id=998|3860

King Crimson live, so much better than i imagined
Old 02-01-2007, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/C...px?id=998|3860

King Crimson live, so much better than i imagined

[/ QUOTE ]

fine yourself some live albums from 1972, pronto.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 AM

From the January 25, 2007 issue of Rolling Stone:

A month after Wolfgang's Vault began streaming 300 classic concerts online for free in November, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, the Grateful Dead and Carlos Santana demanded in a U.S. district court lawsuit that the site remove the recordings and pay unspecified copyright-infringement damages. The December 18th suit accuses site owner Bob Sagan who purchased the late Bill Grahams huge archive for a reported $5 million to $6 million in 2003, of "seeking to profit from the (artist's) celebrity and goodwill."

The suit also seeks damages over "illegally produced copies" of T-shirts, posters and handbills from vintage Graham shows manufactured and sold by Wolfgang's Vault - which the artist's say they never auhtorized. Wolfgang's Vault attorney Michael Elkin calls the suit "completely misguided," saying Graham himself sold the T-shirts and posters for years. "There's nothing new about this," he says. "Wolfgang's vault has every right to publish the material." He adds that Graham made the recordings with the artist's knowledge, and whoever owns the recordings has the right to stream them for free. But Doors drummer John Densmore insists Graham would have never released the recordings without the artists approval. "There was no intent to put it out," he says. "(Graham) would have known we'd have jumped all over him: 'Bill you're not our record label. Come on.' "
Old 02-01-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Page also used the theremin on an obscure track on Led Zeppelin II later in '69...

[/ QUOTE ]

So thats what that "Whole Lotta Love" antenna thing was called. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Ya it was pretty cool seeing him use it live in the movie Song Remains the Same.

L8r.. BB
Old 02-01-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From the January 25, 2007 issue of Rolling Stone:

A month after Wolfgang's Vault began streaming 300 classic concerts online for free in November, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, the Grateful Dead and Carlos Santana demanded in a U.S. district court lawsuit that the site remove the recordings and pay unspecified copyright-infringement damages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that sucks!

Ok I bought the Replay Music software ($39, highly recommended), and will be downloading every favorite concert asap to mp3 files. Can't let this treasure disappear. I don't see any Doors music on the site but am grabbing the Zep, Santana and Grateful Dead stuff first.

I've almost got enough player points on Full Tilt to get the 30 gig ipod video, will be filling it up with these songs woohoo.

L8r.. BB
Old 02-01-2007, 11:44 AM

does the software encode the song name/artist/concert as well?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Yea that's a cool site. THe guy who bought Graham's estate literally got the steal of the century from what I've read.
Apparently Bill was quite the packrat and saved EVERYTHING.
IIRC the contents were valued at somewhere between 200m and priceless.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:35 PM

great site, thanks for the link
Old 02-01-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does the software encode the song name/artist/concert as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally it does this but has some problems with some of the tracks. After each concert is downloaded I quickly edit the song information when needed tho so its no biggie. It normally detects breaks between the songs but some of the Grateful Dead stuff I've ripped has 2 or more songs strung together as one file. I'm not complaining tho, the sound quality is excellent, am using 192kb/second quality.

Its picky about one thing.. you MUST start replay first, then open your first web browser window to the site.

Ya go download the demo at www.replay-music.com check it out.

Here is a link that talks about this product and some others that do the same thing.

L8r.. BB