Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend and Best friend ... LINE CHECK

Can you kick your friends ass? If not, buy a bat.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:39 PM

My really good freind and I were dating these best freinds at the end of highschool. We all became pretty close. Sometimes this would put me in a weird situation. One time I remember speciifcally they got into a fight at a party and she stormed off drunk aparently walking home. I go after her cuz the neighborhood is not that great and its a llllong walk home. I think I did the right thing but I was walking a really fine line, you know Im freinds with this girl and shes balling (note the g) so I gotta comfort her. However I made sure to steer way clear of taking any sides or giving her any advice as to what to do. Really he was being a douche kinda, but I would be crossing the line to tell her that.

You guys werent even in a fight, your freind definatley went way over the line.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:14 PM

bros before hos
Old 01-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Talk to him about it
Old 01-26-2007, 10:09 PM

Why would you and your GF have an argument about this? Why would she take what your roommate said seriously? She's in the relationship with you, she should have enough confidence in her own judgement.

She should've laughed it off.

Now that you know, you have to say something to your roommate. He was out of line and he needs to know he has no right to inject himself into that part of your personal life.

Here are the options of what's really going on:

1. Roommate's hot for your GF.
2. Roommate's hot for YOU, jealous of GF.
3. GF is jealous of your friendship with your roommate and is making this up to drive a wedge between you two.

GL.

I'm glad I'm married and down with this [censored].
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 PM

My suggestion: [censored] with him by asking his advice on what to do with your gf after you had the fight. Act like it's frightened you and really made you rethink the relationship.

If he owns up, says it was his fault, asks forgiveness etc, then at least you know he's not a complete douchebag and probably not deliberately trying to seperate you from the gf in order to pound that. I wouldn't forgive him in this situation, in fact I'd probably still [censored] berate him for a good half hour for being an asshat, but I wouldn't take friendship-destroying actions.

If he doesn't own up, doesn't encourage you to keep trying, or in any way advises you to leave your gf, take a bat to his head. He doesn't deserve your friendship anymore and you should give him some scars to point that out. Bonus if he ends up in the emergence room.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you and your GF have an argument about this? Why would she take what your roommate said seriously? She's in the relationship with you, she should have enough confidence in her own judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true

[ QUOTE ]
he has no right to inject himself into that part of your personal life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.................... ..
Old 01-26-2007, 10:44 PM

You want "Bawling".

Your GF's response should have been to have been offended at your roommate. Your line should have been to question why this upset your GF. Is she upset at your roommate being a douche or is she upset because she thinks he might be right?

I had the unpleasant experience of being great friends with both a roommate and his GF. He would confide in me and tell me how he planned to marry this girl, while she would confide in me and tell me that she was just "getting dating experience in college" and that she knew she would not end up with him. I also knew that they were not good for each other, but did everything in my ability to convince myself that this was not the case. For both of their mental well-being, I wanted them to break up, but never once did I even hint at that, and any relationship advice I offered was to help keep them together. Compounding the matter is that I really loved this girl too, knew how special she was, etc. Point is, with all that BS, I still knew it was my duty to both of them to never say anything negative about their relationship, to offer only positive advice and support. You do need to have a talk with your roommate and tell him what you expect out of him as a friend. It isn't really fair to do that, you should accept your friends as they are, but when he crosses a line like this - it is kinda a deal-breaker if he doesn't understand that this [censored] ain't cool. Know what I mean?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 PM

There is actually some good relationship advice on this thread but I am too lazy to go back and say who I agree with. Anyhow, there must be SOME reason why he did this. If he was just any old friend, I would def. say he wants to bang her but since you guys are really close I think you could talk to him about it. Just finding out why would help you proceed.

Also I have no clue what to do about the gf, women be irrational.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:01 AM

snipe, who is that girl in your avatar gif?