Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Most messed up sleep schedules

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My senior year of HS I'd get home around noon and sleep until midnight. I'd stay awake through the night and through the next school day.

Right now I don't goto school, and I'm really messed up.

I really wish I could get back on my normal schedule, which was sleeping from 4am - 4pm.

Now I'm all over the place. I'll stay awake for 24hours, then sleep for 20 hours. Most recently I've been sleeping from 1pm - 7pm, awake for 30min, then sleep again until 2am.

Although, I'm pretty certain I actually have a sleeping disorder and am being consulted for prescription sleep aid soon. I have series issues falling asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to have a sleep schedule consisting of 4pm-4am???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sleep from 4am - 4pm is fine for me. Stores/restaurants are still open, and I can play the nightly mtts. (you said 4pm-4am, but i'm quoted saying 4am-4pm).
Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 AM

My sleep schedule for the past three weeks has been as follows:

Sunday, Tuesday night:

Sleep around 5 or 6 AM and wake up at like 8:30 for class. Come back at like 10:30 and crash until my afternoon classes.

Monday, Wednesday:

Sleep around 4-5 AM and wake up around noon for afternoon classes.

Thursday:

Wake up around noon, go to afternoon class. Begin partying for the weekend immediately at 4:05 on Thursday afternoon.

Thursday night - Saturday night: ???????????????????????
Old 02-13-2007, 02:50 AM

One summer during high school I would play 4 handed poker in my basement from about 10 PM untill 7 AM. We would be going out to breakfast when my mom was heading to work. Then I'd sleep most of the day, then we'd do it again.
Brag: two brother owed me $500, had to cut them off cause the credit thing was getting too out of hand.

I quit my summer job about 2 weeks before school started last fall, so my sleep schedule was pretty normal. My buddy worked from 7-3 I think. He would get off work at 3, take a nap, I'd call him and then we'd go drink untill about 2 AM. He sleep for a few hours during the night then go to work, take a nap, then do it again.

Turns out he got sick after doing that for about 2 weeks.

One of my friends stayed up for a long amount of hours without sleep, I can't remember the exact number though. But, all he would do to try and stay awake was drink energy drinks such as red bull. He was so tired that he was sitting up talking to someone and fell asleep and just leaned over on the couch in mid sentence.

He stayed up for several days, several times in a short amount of time, he ended up getting mono.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:51 AM

I win this thread.

Friday- go to sleep 6am. (i have a class at 9) Sleep through it. sleep all day, wake up at 9pm.

Saturday- Go to sleep at 7am. Wake up at 7pm.

Sunday- Go to sleep at 6am. Wake up at 845pm.

Today (Monday)- Tried going to sleep at 4am. Couldn't sleep. Got up, read for a couple of hours, went back to bed at 7am. Still couldn't fall asleep, but laid in bed for an hour and a half before getting up to go to my 9am class. Get back to my room at 11 after class and breakfast. I have a class at 120. I lay down for a nap, set my alarm for 1. I fall asleep immediately, sleep through the alarm, and sleep until 830pm today.

OK so it's 2am now. Any suggestions on how to get to sleep before 4am so I can be at my 10am and 1pm classes tomorrow? I've never taken any sleep aids or anything, and don't have any here.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 AM

mine may be the most unusual on this forum. 11:30pm to 7:30 am
Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 AM

2:00 pm - 10:00 pm for a couple days now
Old 02-13-2007, 10:23 PM

3am-noon
Old 02-14-2007, 10:18 AM

about a week ago i was going to bed around 10am, waking up around 6pm. this week, im waking up at around 730am and giong to bed around 11pm. it changes every week.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 AM

funny this thread is being bumped to the top, im pulling an all-nighter currently hoping to help fix my sleep schedule up a bit. My goal is to just get myself up by 1pm daily...
Old 02-15-2007, 07:16 PM

why do ppl have so much trouble functioning on less than 8 hours of sleep. just get 2-4 hours of sleep on one night, and you can fix your sleep schedule.

i generally sleep from 3:30am -10:00am ( i like how i havta specify "am," b/c of weirdos in this thread).