Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6max KK vs CTS

Given your tightish image I think call/fold to turn bet is far and away the best choice.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:54 PM

I hate it when you guys say reevaluate turn but nobody says what you would do if he bets 2/3 pot, if he bets pot, if he checks.

we all know about the calling. its just a delaying tactic. None of us really know about the evaluating.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when you guys say reevaluate turn but nobody says what you would do if he bets 2/3 pot, if he bets pot, if he checks.

we all know about the calling. its just a delaying tactic. None of us really know about the evaluating.

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, I think that he is going to be willing to give up on a lot of bluff attempts, once we call his flop raise (assuming he doesn't improve). Maybe I'm wrong (I haven't played with Cole in a while) but this is my thought process anyway.

How to proceed from there is so dependent on the flow of the game, previous hands you've played with each other, that it's really hard to summarize all the posibilities in a hand post.

We're in position, so we can control the pot size somewhat, and have time to see him act.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:05 PM

Cole's very good, so if he puts you on KKish after you call the flop raise, he's only gonna try and bluff you if he thinks you're very good or weak tight.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 PM

deepstacked this is a call looking to get away from too much pressure on later streets

normal stacked vs cts i am probably okay getting it in here, but i'd probably let him bet it all the way.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ everyone saying fold

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-25-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I think that he is going to be willing to give up on a lot of bluff attempts, once we call his flop raise (assuming he doesn't improve). Maybe I'm wrong (I haven't played with Cole in a while) but this is my thought process anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

i havent played against cts in a couple months, but i really doubt he doesn't fire again on just about any turn card. i'm not saying i think he ALWAYS fires on multiple streets, just that given the dynamic of this hand, position/board/etc..., he is rarely just making a one and done stab at this pot. i think he mostly likely has some kind of pair+gutshot hand, OESD, or he has you beat. in either case, your probably going to see another bet on any turn card.

imo, i would call here and call all but the ugliest of turn cards, and probably fold to a push on the river (although, in realitly i would probably make a [censored] call on the river, because i can't fold)
Old 01-26-2007, 12:36 AM

I think this is a spot where cts is using 22/55/66/54 to balance for the times he has a set/56. So I hate calling and folding turn because he is definitely firing again. I think I can call, and call/fold river depending on feel.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:39 AM

CTS is check-raising this flop with a variety of hands, and you are WAY ahead of his range here.

In this spot, I want to stack CTS. If you think he will view a re-re-raise as a bluff, do it - if you think a call and getting it all in on the turn is more likely to happen, do that.

But please do not fold here.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 AM

If CTS is bluffing, he's most certainly capable and probable to continue on the turn if you call. But I think folding or raising the flop is pretty bad. Folding bad b/c CTS can do this with air/slowplayed overpair that's lower than yours (QQ/JJ esp.), and raising snaps off all bluffs and smaller overpairs and possibly allows him to make a good laydown with 99+. Whatever he has, he's probably drawing to few outs if behind. I say call is the play here, and probably call the turn, and possibly call the river, depending on your overall feel of the hand.

If CTS views you as capable of folding AA-QQ to a river shove, you might have to call. But I think folding the flop would be bad, and turn is v. questionable.

CTS' c/r size leads me to think he wouldn't have 2p+, but given stack sizes it's possible.

I don't know CTS' play all too well, but I'd probably call the flop, call the turn, and give up on the river.