Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Re: KK -- how to sort out confusing action?

Aaron W, you said

[ QUOTE ]
However, based on the action to follow, it's probably 86. I've seen that play live a few times, when someone caps the flop to freeze everyone up on the turn. It's a terrible move, though

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspected 86s too, what worries me is that you state this flop play is bad. Hopefully this is because there are only 3 people in. I wouldn't hesitate to make this move against 4 people and with 3 people in it's only a mistake if you're against a set surely? I wouldn't really be making it to freeze people up on the turn but rather to push a small edge.

Is it the combination of a small edge and the possibility of a set that makes this a call down for 86?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:10 AM

Ok. Everyone is right who wanted to call down. Villain showed ... ... 86o as predicted by many.

Good thing is, I now have 10BB to spend on nearly hopeless calldowns again!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Everyone is right who wanted to call down. Villain showed ... ... 86o as predicted by many.

Good thing is, I now have 10BB to spend on nearly hopeless calldowns again!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I believe we all put BB, not SB, on 86o, the debate was whether SB had a set or was overplaying TPTK with AJo. I'm quite shocked to see SB had 86o, it seems likely BB had the same, why else cap the flop, call the turn, and fold the R for one more? Interestingly BB probabably could have taken the pot with a raise on the river, hero would fold for 2 bets and SB would fold his 86?