Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Comforter purchasing help!

you berate me about a playful post about favorite foods .. yet u post this googletard crap about buying a comforter ... wow.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:46 PM

jordie,

Seriously, man, you really suck hard at posting.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:47 PM

jordiepop, well, your thread was poorly started and not informative. That's the nice way to say it; the not-so-nice way is that it sucked big fat donkey balls.

El D, keep in mind that some of the thread counts they use are going to be misleading -- 1000-count sheets on these bargain bin sites are usually using a marketing ploy to call themselves 1000-count sheets. That's why I linked to specific items that I've purchased and used in the past couple months. I can vouch for the quality of those products.

Edit: Also, more likely than not, down comforters and pillows tend to smell terrible when you first get them. Air them out for a couple days and they should be fine.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you berate me about a playful post about favorite foods .. yet u post this googletard crap about buying a comforter ... wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, seriously, drop it. Accept the fact that when you are new somewhere (work, school, pool hall, rub and tug etc...), you will be held to a different standard than people who have established themselves.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, seriously, drop it. Accept the fact that when you are new somewhere (work, school, pool hall, rub and tug etc...), you will be held to a different standard than people who have established themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and next time make threads that aren't so diebitter-esque. Favorite snack cake foods? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 05:51 PM

GR,

"(work, school, pool hall, rub and tug etc...)"

Awesome.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:52 PM

We stayed at a nice hotel (Hilton?, Hyatt?) and my wife loved the comforter so much I had to get her one. These are very nice:
This is the one we got
Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 PM

(continuing the hijack) Not to mention that using complete sentences and saying things in a non-retarded way is key. I don't think anyone takes issue with a thread about favorite snack cakes, but your OP sucked because the execution sucked.

D: What about the Radiance one at the bottom that's 700 thread count for like 200 bucks?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 PM

Claunchy,

That one is Down Alternative ie: not down. I don't think I'm allergic to down, so I'm gonna stick with down for no particular reason except everyone seems to consider it better.

As I mentioned above, I'm gonna put a duvet cover over it, so I'm not sure how important the thread count really is (besides keeping the down in as octopi mentioned in her very informative post). Seems like fill power is more important. Right now the one skunk linked to is looking pretty good price-wise compared to my BB&B and Macy's options.

The unfrgvn link looks pretty good too, but lower thread count and fill than the skunk one. Mrs. Utah also recommended Overstock. So, right now, that's the way I'm leaning.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:01 PM

jordie,

Here is some constructive criticism. Realize that this message board is not instant messenger. Posts, especially thread starters, should not look like they are part of an IM conversation. Take that into consideration and your posts will look less retarded.