Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Parcells retires

Why do you say that? Are they too talented?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever the coach is

The combo of TO and Glenn is not going to help the development of Romo as a QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever the coach is

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone seen any speculation yet? I guess Grimm is still available. Whatever happened to Steve Mariucci? Is he just too tainted after Detroit?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably for good this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial reaction was, "yeah. right." But he did wait until after all the head coach vacancies were filled. It kind of tells me he didn't want to even deal with someone like Huizinga throwing a bunch of money at him.

Frankly, I can't believe he's lasted this long working for Jerry Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that if he took another job, the new team would have to compensate the Cowboys. Maybe that's a mess he didn't want to create/be involved in (again).
Old 01-22-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever the coach is

The combo of TO and Glenn is not going to help the development of Romo as a QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bookmark this page and get back to me at the end of next year
Glenn/TO with young Romo with be trouble especially without a coach to keep them in check.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever the coach is

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone seen any speculation yet? I guess Grimm is still available. Whatever happened to Steve Mariucci? Is he just too tainted after Detroit?

[/ QUOTE ]

no way does maricci deal with TO again...
Old 01-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Any chance for Rivera or one of the Ryan brothers here? What about Cowher?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:53 PM

"Bookmark this page and get back to me at the end of next year
Glenn/TO with young Romo with be trouble especially without a coach to keep them in check."

Charlie,

You talk like Bill kept everything in check. This confuses me, were you living under a rock until two weeks ago? NO COACH KEEPS OWENS UNDER CONTROL. As for Glenn, the guy has been nothing but a team guy.

And just so we can get the record straight right now, the guy they send in to talk to TO and the ONLY guy TO listens to on the team is Romo. TO loves Romo. It was the Coaches he hated, but he will most likely hate all coaches b/c he hates all authority.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Tdarko...Glenn was always a Parcells guy...he started getting a little whiny last year a couple of times.

If you get a solid coach then only TO will be a problem...
but if you get a 1st timer or someone who is more focused on defense your gonna see TO start [censored], TO loved Mcnabb too at one time, and once TO starts [censored] Romo is going to have to deal with that...and then Glenn will get annoyed...and Romo will have to deal with that.

To be honest if you simply got rid of TO Glenn would probably be fine but when he is stuck in the mix with TO it will bring his worst out.

You can't base things of this year....if anything TO was at his best behavior possible given the escapade last year/Parcells being the coach/and having a rookie QB.

He'll be far far worse next year. I'll be surprised if u guys make the playoffs.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 PM

I disagree that he was on his best behavior. I live in Dallas and so I don't know if everything I hear is said everywhere else, I would think that it is since it is TO and he is a walking media timebomb. Every week there was something new, spitting on a player, sleeping in meetings, overdose, three--count that three spats with the receivers coach that was heavily reported here and was all they talked about in the daily Parcells press conference. The list keeps going on, there was the week when he told the trainers he wasn't running, they asked why and he simply wouldn't say, I mean wtf? I am missing tons of crap he did, this is just stuff off the top of my head.

You're right though, TO brings down the entire team, this is why I can't stand the guy. But I will say that Dallas does a decent job at going about their business and trying to avoid all of the distractions. But you don't hear Bill Parcells everyday either, his press conferences, holy crap! He is like the old white dude version of TO. I ride around in my car or sit at my computer and keep The Ticket on so I can listen to them everyday b/c he is hilarious, this guy could seriously do stand-up now that he is retired.

Best case scenario is to get rid of them both, and Roy Williams...but that can't happen =(. But to think TO wasn't as bad as years past or that it will get worse, well if it gets any worse he is gone. It can't get any worse without him getting the boot, trust me.