Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Official NT Announcement - US players dumped

maybe im not understanding this correctly, but how is the card the only thing left?

you can still eft from neteller to your bank, and from your bank to neteller, or use the card to get money from neteller.

but card or no, there is no way to get money from neteller to a gambling site, or from a gambling site to neteller.

so i fail to see how the card is an issue.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:01 AM

You must not be paying attention. Their ETFs are done (2 weeks? Ya right. Try never). They have some lame excuse for not wanting to issue a check on a canadian bank. So FSV and Omnibank haven't shut down the cards yet.

BUT THEY WILL. We are done people. Hope everyone heeded my earlier warnings.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're all missing the most important question...

...will U.S. customers still be able to enter the NETPoints cash giveaways?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dumped all my points into the monthly 3k.

In a sickening twist of fate, they will actually hold the drawing for the first time and award the money, only the winner won't be able to withdraw.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must not be paying attention. Their ETFs are done (2 weeks? Ya right. Try never). They have some lame excuse for not wanting to issue a check on a canadian bank. So FSV and Omnibank haven't shut down the cards yet.

BUT THEY WILL. We are done people. Hope everyone heeded my earlier warnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have proof of any of this or are you just creating a frenzy for [censored] and giggles?
Old 01-18-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I read this Neteller has suspended transfers both to and from gambling sites effective immediately. This lack of any type of grace period will represent a huge headache for the vast majority of online players who did not pick up on todays early warnings.

In my opinion this is a totally classless way to handle their withdrawal from the American market. I am glad I picked up on the early signals and transferred my bankroll to Stars earlier today. I deeply sympathize with those who were not as fortuneate.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do people blame the company for things caused by a government? it makes no sense. if the unfustified arrests weren't made, the change would not have been so drastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

You brought this on yourselves. Don't blame neteller for responding to actions by your elected representatives.

Your govt decided that you weren't all growed up enough to spend your money as you see fit. Obviously this is for your own good.

Blaming Neteller in any way is totally retarded.

[/rant]
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 AM

Exactly why is that? What changed between 6:44pm and 6:45pm when they blocked the transactions. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

The point is they're leaving thousands of people stuck in the middle of the ocean with nowhere to go, and some people rely on their service. A little bit of advanced warning would've been nice. Maybe a day, or hell if their feeling generous, a week.

They instead took the attitude, you're not going to be paying our 8.9% fee anymore, so go [censored] yourself.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering people get their account locked for even logging on from a different country, I wouldn't try it with those pricks.

Complete [censored] maneuver, just glad i don't have thousands tied up in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I have never had that situation, and forgot that they would frown upon an IP addy that did not come even close to the address on the account.