Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: 3/6NL: KK in 4-bet pot facing turn push

back in the day, the more i read these forums, the stupider i felt.

now, the more i read these forums, the more i realize aejones is a poker god and i feel like i should never be doing anything but playing nonstop.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: 3/6NL: KK in 4-bet pot facing turn push

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty much done discussing this subject because no one has even given a close to legitment reason to justify 4-bet/folding these hands pf. so, until someone does i'll leave it as this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine, and I agree with what you say -- if *I* 4-bet preflop for value, I'm not folding (even if it's something like A9s I usually make my 4bet large enough to commit me to calling a push).

However, people thankfully don't play the way they *should*. So, given that 4-bet/folding TT-QQ, AK is a mistake here doesn't mean people don't do it. Given my image, I think it's fair to assume there's a high probability that (1) he isn't 4-betting TT or JJ, and (2) even if he was, he *could* 4-bet fold TT-QQ (almost definitely would fold TT,JJ, about 50/50 on QQ) and AK, but not KK+.

So then, what's the best way for me to take advantage of the "mistake" Villain makes if he is 4-bet/folding TT-JJ/AK? 5-betting all-in with the hands that are a huge favorite to the hands he'll fold, but doesn't fair especially well against his calling range can't be the most profitable way if they'll put more money in on the flop while I'm ahead, and people almost always bet the flop OOP when they've 4-bet unless they flop a monster or have AA and expect you to bet.

By the way, I really don't hate 5-bet pushing KK preflop here, especially if Villain has a higher VPIP. However, I'm not ready to concede that it's so much more profitable than calling the 4-bet.