Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: ShaniacAttack!!!

What's wrong with Andrew Black?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:59 AM

he's like 50 and wears eminem shirts
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
// Chip Leaders - 2007 Aussie Millions Championship
Place Name Chip Count
1 Jimmy Fricke 5,175,000
2 Gus Hansen 4,845,000
3 Andrew Black 2,100,000
4 Kristy Gazes 1,050,000
5 Julius Colman 785,000
6 Marc Karam 535,000
7 Hans Vogl 455,000

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!GO GOBOBOY!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goboboysmom, how u doin?

[/ QUOTE ]

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOBBO!

Has he won ANY all in showdowns from ahead, btw? I mean, Gus Hansen has gotta be PISSED that Gobbo has taken his suckout style to a higher form. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 08:23 AM

I'm not sure how much you smoke shane but make sure you take a good bit of time off from poker when you quit. At the very least move down in limits. Exercise. Sorry you busted. I was rooting for you.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides Andrew Black, I'm at least somewhat fond of everyone left (Julius is a local guy, very nice and mellow in comparison to other Australian players). Gl to all except the fake-ass Buddhist Black.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone has said this about him, complete tool near the cameras. Aint toooo bad away from them, but a tool none the less.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like his antics--the singing, the attention-grabbing etc...Since he's a "Buddhist" I guess he has acheived inner peace, but it sure doesn't show itself outwardly.

Also, I've never played with him or had any meaningful interactions with him, so I could be wrong. For now, he's still the guy I love to hate.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how much you smoke shane but make sure you take a good bit of time off from poker when you quit. At the very least move down in limits. Exercise. Sorry you busted. I was rooting for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You saying that quitting smoking is likely to throw my mind into a state that would negatively affect my game? Part of the idea behind quitting (and substituting something like exercise for it) would be that it would improve my overall mindframe and, with it, my poker game. Anyway, I think The Takeover quit smoking shortly before winning his WPT title.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Well i'm assuming that you also toke when you play, especially when playing online. Without a constant supply of nicotine i find it harder to stay focussed while reefered. You may have a different experience.
I had a good run online the first month after i quit but i used nicotine gum. I've now been quit over three months. It has been my experience as well as others' that the second and third month is harder than the first.
I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker so clicking the mouse for hours on end actually helped me break the habit of lighting up everything 15 min. I played well and ran well for a while but tilt monkey got me. so the long and short of it, quitting smoking may make you more susceptible to tilt.
Whether you quit or not, exercise improves everything.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You saying that quitting smoking is likely to throw my mind into a state that would negatively affect my game? Part of the idea behind quitting (and substituting something like exercise for it) would be that it would improve my overall mindframe and, with it, my poker game. Anyway, I think The Takeover quit smoking shortly before winning his WPT title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you given quitting a good chance previously? I've never smoked, but I hear most people are VERY irritable for a good month or so afterward, and I wouldn't imagine that would be good for ANYONE'S game.

Also, right now, even though you like Gobbo, are you looking at his chiplead and wondering what could have been? Or just ces't la vie? I always wonder how different top tourney pros take getting sucked out on in a big pot late and seeing their conqueror go on to the chip lead/win. Don't offer to shave you head if he wins tho. Dunno how good a look bald is on you......
Old 01-18-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like his antics--the singing, the attention-grabbing etc...Since he's a "Buddhist" I guess he has acheived inner peace, but it sure doesn't show itself outwardly.

Also, I've never played with him or had any meaningful interactions with him, so I could be wrong. For now, he's still the guy I love to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with him and he's a moody, depressive, and rude player at the tables. Not loud and outgoing rude, but giving mean stares and making quiet moans whenever people talk.