Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: bodog and neteller

Can we still withdraw to Neteller from Bodog?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Yes, according to Bodog you still can.
I just don't know if I trust 14K going through Neteller right now. I'm considering having Bodog mail me some checks.

I got this as from BD support.

"Thank you for contacting Bodog Poker Customer Service.

As you may already be aware, we are no longer able to process deposits from Neteller. We know that you have used this
method recently to fund your account and wanted to reassure you that payouts via Neteller can still be requested and will
continue to be processed to your Neteller account for the time being.

For future deposits into your Bodog account, we have a number of convenient options available. Our Instant Check method is a
fast, free and secure way to transfer funds to your Bodog account directly from your US bank account. Additional options
include eWallet deposit methods such as:

Click2Pay
eWalletXpress
myCitadel
CentralCoin
NUCharge
INSTADEBIT
We encourage you to visit Bodog's 'Deposit' page to review a list of these and other deposit methods we offer:
https://www.bodog.com/account/app/PrepareDeposit"

So for your next Bodog deposit, which option are you going to use, and which ones shouldn't you use?

Old 01-17-2007, 11:54 AM

Instant Check (an ACH transaction) is and has always been (since they introduced it) the best way to get funds in and out of Bodog.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instant Check (an ACH transaction) is and has always been (since they introduced it) the best way to get funds in and out of Bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but what is an ACH transaction and why does that make it secure?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:25 PM

Wow, I am not liking the sound of this at all. I've been doing all my poker on Bodog lately and I've got about $20K in my account. Is there really danger of such a major book/poker room going broke? Especially one that's vowed to deal with US customers no matter what?

I really don't want to move my money off of there because the games are way better than they are on Stars and really 20K's about what I need to play 5/10 PLO. Last night, I had over 2/3 of my online money on the table. Also, if deposits are going to be made more difficult, I don't want it to take a month to figure out how to get that much money back online.

For the time being, I'm just going to leave my money in there (at least until the Super Bowl), but this is making me really, really uneasy.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Iggy after the Superbowl is when the shiat would hit the fan if it is going to.

Basically my advice to everyone here is if you can't afford to lose the money or have it tied up for worst case 18 months because of court cases or whatever then cashout until things settle down. I have cashed out about 75% of my roll and will cashout about half of what is left in the next 24 hours.

There will always be ways to get the money back to the sites that make it through this, there WON'T always be ways to get your money from the sites that don't make it through this.

-Brendan
Old 01-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Well, by until the Super Bowl, I meant until a few days prior. I'm not going to still have my money online the day of the game.

And no, I can't afford to lose the money, but I'm also losing a primary source of income if I lose Bodog, and I'd really like to get a bunch of hands in now if I could. I'm going to hit the tables hard for the next two weeks, and I'll move my money out then if it's still considered to be a danger.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:42 PM

I agree with your disagreement. BOS was rated D or thereabouts by SBR before they went under.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a electronic check from your bank. Many real biznazs use them.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a electronic check from your bank. Many real biznazs use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any other options? My parents still check my checking account and I would prefer for them not to see tons of transfers in and out (I like to cash out every week and then redeposit the same amount. This keeps me focused and if I'm on tilt I will only lose so much).

Basically, I loved that neteller was able to hold my funds between the bank and online betting/poker accounts. Is there anything else trustworthy like that? I beleive firepay stopped serving U.S. customers..