Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Beware of BODOG Poker - They CHEAT

Well this is what happened to me recently and I wanted to warn people to be careful with these guys.

Over the Chritsmas break I was out of town and played poker with a couple of random people. One of them was my friend though. My friend was busted out and there were 2-3 other guys who were as well. So my friend and this other guy decided to play online. My friend asked whether he can use my Bodog account. I was fine with it and asked him to use it. He and this other guy went into the same table together. My friend had started between $400 and $450 in a 5/10 table because that is all I had in my account. After playing for a while my friend had over 2K and the other guy was busted out early. I was busted from the live table and my friend my tired, so I continued playing on the table he was playing at Bodog. I played for like 2 hours after that and I was up to over 6k.

Next day, when I tried logging in, it said that my account was disabled. I called Bodog instantly. I was connected to security department. There was this person named Ryan who said I will have to call them after 2 days as they are investigating something. When I asked what exactly is going on, they were not willing to say anything. All he asked was whether there was a friend I knew who plays on Bodog and I said No.

After 2 days, I called and they asked me to call after Jan 4th as they anted more time. I was getting frustrated. However, I did tell them that the other day my friend was playing on my account with some other guy.

Anyways, when I called them after Jan 4th, I was connected to Manny this time. He said that they are blocking my account permanently as I am a security risk. I was like why. He said that you transferred money to a player who logged in from the same location. I didn’t’ really understand what he meant. He said that it is against the law that 1 player transfers money to another. I was like my friend and this other guy were competing against each other. So I started to ask for some kind of proof. They said they can’t do that and this should end right here. He said that they are sending my deposit of $500 I made a few days before Christmas. I was like why only $500. I had 6k. They were like you made all that money due to the transfer that happened. I kept on arguing and asked them to send me some proof as it was a matter of 6k. I even told them that if it was really transferred, you can take that amount out and send me the rest of the money. But they said no.

Honestly, these guys sounded inexperienced and weren’t cooperative at all. I don't appreciate responses that don't address the issue and are on the level of a first grader. I'm sure someone there understands quality customer service would have responded effectively. There were times when Manny statements contradicted. One time he said that $1500 was transferred and the other time it was $2000. Also, he said my friend and other guy logged in and out at the same time. This is not true and the other guy was busted before my friend handed over to me. Even Ryan initially sounded like he didn’t know what is going on.

I was trying to cooperate with them and wanted to get more detailed information about it, but they weren’t willing to cooperate. What will they do with that rest of the money? Will they send it back to the players who lost? No right. Also, they mentioned that 2 players logged in from the same location at the same time. Why didn’t’ they block the account instantly then. Probably they were hoping that these guys will make some money and then they will disable the account and keep the rest of the money. All the more reasons for me to believe that Bodog is not loyal anymore. And I am sure they do the same with other players.

Honestly, I am really disappointed with Bodog. I had been playing with you for quite some time. And this is what I get. I expected a better communication with these guys and I was not treated in the right manner. I kept on arguing and wanted them to prove them right. They were not willing to send me a proof. I expect people in security department to be much smarter and back their statements by showing it. However, they didn’t want to send me anything. They only had one reason to prove that something was wrong, but I was not convinced. They were not willing to listen to me.

Now you tell me - Is this justice?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Beware of BODOG Poker - They CHEAT

[ QUOTE ]
Is this justice?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but this is

Seriously though, it sounds like your friend or the other guy are not giving you the full story about what they did with your account.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:21 AM

For one second even I thought about that. Thats is why I was willing to have them take the transferred money out of my account and send me the proof. I owe my friend and how do I make him believe.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:39 AM

Where are the cliff notes?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are the cliff notes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beware of OP's friends: they cheat. He let one use his account and now Bodog is keeping his winnings.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:05 AM

Either way I think it is obvious they should at least send him whatever proof they have. Its pretty scary they can say they have proof this happened yet refuse to provide it.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 AM

Cliff notes: OP got his account confiscated for chip dumping and colluding, and is now whining about it on 2+2. Standard.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:28 AM

I've changed my mind.

Letting a friend play on your account is a great idea.
Clearly there's no risk that anything can go wrong.

Also - it's a good idea to lend money to people who are broke as long as they super-duper-pinky-promise to pay you back.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 AM

u sound more like the real cheater
Old 01-16-2007, 01:20 AM

What do you mean?