Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Dirty angleshoot, or sweet 2nd level by me??

When was 5/10 running at the Taj? I was there few weeks ago and couldn't get it going. I didn't think it ran there much.

Oh BTW, not an angleshoot
Old 01-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Nice move, not an angleshoot.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:57 PM

not a good ruling by the dealer. if you would have folded, then the $50 should have to stand. since your limp changed the perceived action, he should have the option of limping behind or raising.

it's a decent 2nd level move, but a perceptive opponent should have been able to see through it.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a good ruling by the dealer. if you would have folded, then the $50 should have to stand. since your limp changed the perceived action, he should have the option of limping behind or raising.

it's a decent 2nd level move, but a perceptive opponent should have been able to see through it.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these replies about it not being a good ruling by the dealer got me thinking about something >> IIRC, the dealer only said words to the effect of:
"You're out of turn...but you are committed to that raise now when it comes to you".

BUT from the responses here, it seems like the COMPLETE ruling should have been "You're out of turn, but you are committed to that raise when it comes to you IF, AND ONLY IF, the player you skipped (hero), folds...if he limps, it changes the action and you are free to act anew".

Now, that very well might have been what the dealer MEANT, but after I limped, she didn't say anything or jump in and let the player know that he was now free to act however he wanted. It seemed, from my recollection, that the player THOUGHT he was still committed to the raise based on what the dealer had said, which is how i interpreted the situation, and why i decided to make the move i did.
There was no evidence that he believed that he was "released" from his raise once i limped, but rather he threw his $50 into the middle as though he were resigned to there being no other alternative.

Anyway, that really doesn't change much about the analysis...just wanted to defend the dealer b/c she very well may have simply been unduly vague, rather than flat-out incorrect.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 PM

I'm not sure how it would be possible for that guy to be committed to the $50 raise regardless of your action.

What if you decided to raise it to $40?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:44 PM

my understanding was that "significant action" to allow him to retract his out of turn action is limited to raises (or bets) only.