Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Stars 5CD daily tourneys (low content)

[ QUOTE ]
Won the 1:15 today! I knew my time was coming.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hoorah boi!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:23 PM

notjitsu, Do you mind telling us what kind of strategy you used. Congrats by the way
Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 AM

My generic strategy was to play an aggressive predraw game. Barring a monster which you can't count on all the time, this is where the value is. Seems a lot of people are waiting for the magic pat hand...and those people will fold a lot when you do a 3x raise with QQ->AA...maybe less. At the same time, people calling with small pairs will still call the 3x. Then you check it down post unimproved. Fold to any big reraises.

But thats the gist of it. I'm trying to win a lot of pots, and build small but worthwhile pots predraw with hands that you only want callers with. I also play my bigger hands the same way pre, and just hope I get reraised.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM

i played basically the same way, I guess the goal is to have a smaller hand run into your monster predraw. Seemed like i was always on the low end. Played the $5 last night and finally made the money but nothing to write home about.
Let me ask you about the reraise...I notice after the first hour it's usually trips or better, do you agree with that?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i played basically the same way, I guess the goal is to have a smaller hand run into your monster predraw. Seemed like i was always on the low end. Played the $5 last night and finally made the money but nothing to write home about.
Let me ask you about the reraise...I notice after the first hour it's usually trips or better, do you agree with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would.

A few times in the $20 daily, I've started at a table where big bets and reraises could mean a pair of 6s and two or three maniac donks trying to outbluff each other. But after the first break, your assessment is spot-on.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 PM

I agree with notjitsu as you could guess. But I'm also pretty weak to a raise unless I have a read on somebody. I hate getting my chips in post draw too. Somebody limped today so I pot raised him with queens up. And what does he catch? Trip 3's. He draws 3 with his threes. I call his bet, he doesn't get his odds, and I'm sad. Later he limps again, I go all in with Aces, he reraises me with jacks, and of course he improves. This game is a lot easier hwen you hit your hands. While I realize that this is a bad beat complaint, I'ts happened to me a few days in a row you guys will understand. Meh

good luck everyone
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM

I monied in yesterday's 7:30 $5.50, but only got 32nd place or something. $11 prize, yay. Better than nothing, though.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:29 AM

FT in the 22 on Monday night. Went out third, went card-dead with three people left and all of us about even-stacked.

Third cash in last four attempts. ROI on these things looking pretty decent now.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 AM

gj fla!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 AM

Finally made it deep last night in the $5 draw MTT. I started with a strategy and did pretty good. Finished 7th. Probably would of made the final table but I got pwned when it was 3 handed at my table.