Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Veronica Mars is one of the greatest shows i\'ve ever seen

My 27 year old housemate watches this show religiously. He has a bunch of the DVDs. Some of the other DVDs he owns are: GI Jane, Sweet Home Alabama, The Cutting Edge, What A Girl Wants, Blue Crush, 40 Days and 40 Nights (starring Josh Hartnett), Win A Date With Tad Hamilton, etc.

So your prognosis isn't looking good.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My 27 year old housemate watches this show religiously. He has a bunch of the DVDs. Some of the other DVDs he owns are: GI Jane, Sweet Home Alabama, The Cutting Edge, What A Girl Wants, Blue Crush, 40 Days and 40 Nights (starring Josh Hartnett), Win A Date With Tad Hamilton, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

When was the last time he tried to tug your cack out of your boxers while you were sleeping?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When was the last time he tried to tug your cack out of your boxers while you were sleeping?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean while I was sleeping?
Old 01-09-2007, 07:49 PM

It's the best show in the history of the universe. I strikingly came to this conclusion after the Season Three episode were **Minor Plot line spoiler for Season Three** <font color="white">Veronica finds out the identity of the Hearst college rapist</font>. That was the greatest episode in television history.

The best thing about Veronica Mars is indeed the build-up. At many points throughout the season, and always at the season finale, so many things will be built up and you are itching with so much anticipation to find out what happens and how the writers piece it all together. When you don't get it, and don't get it for a couple of weeks or months, it can be frustrating at first, but the payoff is always worth it, and in the end, this methodical build-up ends up enhancing the show in the best way possible.

I can't say enough about the writing. The solutions to these mysteries are always solved in realistic ways, and the clues are present throughout the season if you know where to look for them. The characters are, for the most part, light-hearted and feel-good, but the main characters still have a darker feel, and the actual depth of a real human. It is obvious that the whole storyline is carefully planned from the beginning, not thrown together on an episode-per-episode basis.

VM isn't the most mainstream-accessible show, because it requires a lot of dedication from the viewer to really see what it is all about. While the episodes in themselves are, if taken in a vacuum, entertaining enough, it doesn't truly become the best show in television until the storyline arcs.

For a show with dark undertones, though, the dialogue is extremely crisp and witty. Sometimes you're thinking, "How can these characters -- mainly Veronica -- always have these excellent comebacks prepared and these historical references down pat?" but for the most part it's a natural kind of funny. It's not knee-slapper funny -- well, for me, anyway; I don't laugh aloud at very many thinigs -- but it's definitely amusing and keeps the dialogue interesting.

If you're going to watch the show, though, don't do it half-ass. Watch it all one season at a time. Season One is by far the best season, and while Season Two is extremely slow at times, and still has a major unresolved plot twist to this day, the season finale is magical enough and saves the entire season -- seriously.

If you give the show some patience -- though not nearly as much time to kick in as you apparently need to give The Wire [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] -- it is thoroughly rewarding, and no show is better.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS can anyone believe that Kristen Bell (veronica mars) is 26 years old?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. That was one of my biggest "gimmie a break!" things about this show. She was playing a freaking high school girl and she looks 30!!!

I mean I know in all these shows they cast 20 somethings to play HS roles, but they at least kinda look young.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:29 PM

She looks like she's 20, wtf?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:35 PM

this is my favorite show

season 3 i thought wasnt up to par with 1 and 2 (at least until the sweeps finale, which was awesome), primarily because the central mystery wasnt as connected to veronica as the mysteries in the first two seasons. main characters weren't really suspects anymore, etc. but it's so [censored] good anyway
Old 01-09-2007, 08:37 PM

Awesome show, but mostly season 3 hasn't been that great. And season 2 wasn't quite as good as season 1. Seems to be a downward trend.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read some hype about this show and decided to get the first few episodes. I was stunned at how good this show was. The writing is up there with the best of TV. Seasons 1 &amp; 2 are both very solid. Season 3 has been a bit less so, but I'm hooked now and can't wait for the new episodes to start. I mean, in the very first episode, Veronica's best friend gets brutally killed and Veronica gets raped; this is definitely not the silly teenybopper high-school show I would have assumed it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for the spoilers

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were hardly spoilers. I mean both things already happened by the time the show starts and you get 2 flashbacks near the beginning of the episode if I remember correctly. It's more like the basis for the first season.

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh, yeah, that's a spoiler like saying that in the first episode of Six Feet Under <font color="white"> the father dies </font>. Kinda lame, but more like a "Charlie horse in the calf" lame than a "Charlie buried a land mine that I set off while on patrol and caused both my legs to be amputated above the knee" lame.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:03 PM

What is this show??? I have never heard about it?? But I watch very little tv aside from LOST...