FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Netflix and I broke up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude. That's capitalism. Why would you have loyalty to an inferior product?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is value in the essence of an entity that created a new medium of distributing videos right to our front door that makes us feel that the entity deserves loyalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eff that and all that other No Logo crap. I'm PRO LOGO all the way. It's all about who can offer me the same (or better) product at a cheaper price. Naomi Klein can kiss my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Product quality can mean different things to different people. Take for an example organic foods. You go to Whole Foods and there are these short stories that describe where your food comes from such as "the steer lived in a plant-diverse, high-mountain meadows to thick aspen groves and miles of sagebrush-filled flats."

[/ QUOTE ]

They should continue the short story to the last few days of his life. It really needs a climax. (I eat meat. Just saying.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like...."if you taste a slight bitterness in the meat, it is because he carried a grudge all the way to the slaughterhouse floor for the dude that castrated him when he was six months old...".
Something like that????
Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 PM

If you return a a movie to a store and rent one there for free when will they send out the next on your queue?

Is Blockbuster as fast by mail as Netflix?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:16 PM

Mine have been arriving on the third day after bringing them into the store. If I turn them in on monday I've been getting them on thursday.

I'm gonna watch "They Live" tonight, I'm a pretty exciting guy.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:19 PM

So they send the next one in your queue out before you return the movie you got in-store? Do you have to return the in store movie by a certain day? If you don't are there fees?

I could probably just find this info on the Blockbuster site...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:22 PM

I've read so many bad things about blockbuster online that I have no intention of switching. Their software is horrible from what I've heard. They rarely if ever send you what's next in your queue. The delivery time is bad. And I couldn't care less about the in store option. I doubt I could even find a movie I'd want to rent a at blockbuster these days, their selection in stores is laughingly bad. And isn't the whole point of rentals by mail to never leave your house? If I want to rent something right now I'll go to a real video store. And I just hate blockbuster for many other reasons.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So they send the next one in your queue out before you return the movie you got in-store? Do you have to return the in store movie by a certain day? If you don't are there fees?

[/ QUOTE ]

They do send the next movies out before you turn in the movies you got in-store. The ones you get in store are treated as in store rentals, they are due in five days or whatever and late fee's apply after that. I live two blocks away from one, so it works out great for me.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hasn't blockbuster always been cheaper and with free in-store rentals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But Blockbuster online has been around for a while and it wasnt until about 6 months ago that they got a decent selection. When I worked there 9 months ago there were only 30,000 titles. I've also heard some horror stories about slow delivery, poor selection, and they jump all over your queue rather than sending you the next item on the list.

A friend tried it and would get really pissed when they sent him disc 6(special features) before any of the other discs in the series.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the steer lived in a plant-diverse, high-mountain meadows to thick aspen groves and miles of sagebrush-filled flats. if you taste a slight bitterness in the meat, it is because he carried a grudge all the way to the slaughterhouse floor for the dude that castrated him when he was six months old."

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the descriptions that accompany modern art. But anyway, I hate Blockbuster too much to give them any more money.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am sticking w/ netflix, but i'm pissed about how they take like 3-4 days to get my dvd's now, after a one day turnaround when i first signed up. there is a damn center in my city too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Camel, do you watch a ton of movies? Do you know that Netflix throttles people who return movies really quickly?

ps. all, does this mean I should buy some Blockbuster stock?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps. all, does this mean I should buy some Blockbuster stock?

[/ QUOTE ]

Things may have changed since I left the company 8 months ago, but they were in SERIOUS financial trouble then.