Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Bretrayal

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

~Buddha

My suggestion, as I have done this very recently, is just cut them out of your life. Dont think back and wonder if they were really your friend. It doesnt matter. Just cut them out completely. Try not to think about it. And go out and have fun. Meet new people. Make new friends that wont [censored] you over or treat you like [censored].
Old 01-04-2007, 11:20 AM

if the girl was a skank maybe your friend did you a favor?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:43 AM

Haven't you seen Cocktail with Tom Cruise?? Your buddy was obviously trying to open your eyes to the skank's skankyness. He couldn't just tell you she's a skank because you wouldn't pay any attention, so he showed you instead.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM

listen to tennenbaum
Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Totally. The girl is a skank, but thats fine, because I shut her out of my life. It doesn't bother me.

My friend, for many years. took it upon himself to get involved while I was still in the picture. Over-the-top, indeed. Do I believe this is unique situation? No, which is why I asked for some perspective, on what I was hoping would be a broad discussion, and not a pity train.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did your friend know beyond a doubt you were still involved? How serious was your relationship with the girl? If the relationship was serious, did your friend know just how serious you were about her?

Men are weak. In the heat of the moment she could have told him anything.

Before you chalk your friend off, have a talk with him too find out where is was really coming from. If you find out the worst- revenge or a beating would probably not be out of line.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:09 PM

This is one of the biggest hurts a person faces in life...when they must accept the unexpected fact that somebody they trusted turns out not to be worthy of such faith. I have dealt with this several times, and what I did was to ignore the offending person. Didn't return phone calls, e-mails, etc. If I saw them at a gathering, I'd leave, if possible.

The way I look at it is, the person who betrayed you was given a wonderful gift of your friendship and your trust. It was THEIR choice to crap all over it, and their behavior proves how little they respect or value your friendship. (This is an even worse offense if they were your lover.) Believe me, it hurts, but the shock will wear off, and you do not need losers like that in your life. The fact that they are "chitt-heads" should be their problem, not yours.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:18 PM

I was just wondering, if you were just out to get some meaningless sex with some girl who isn't important to you, does it really matter if your friend wanted in on it too? Maybe he didn't think you'd even care. In my first post, I didn't know the details. I thought most guys out "cruising" woulda just laughed about it afterward. Maybe you oughta talk it over with him. If he is a good friend, is some female meat puppet worth losing a friendship over?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the biggest hurts a person faces in life...when they must accept the unexpected fact that somebody they trusted turns out not to be worthy of such faith. I have dealt with this several times, and what I did was to ignore the offending person. Didn't return phone calls, e-mails, etc. If I saw them at a gathering, I'd leave, if possible.

The way I look at it is, the person who betrayed you was given a wonderful gift of your friendship and your trust. It was THEIR choice to crap all over it, and their behavior proves how little they respect or value your friendship. (This is an even worse offense if they were your lover.) Believe me, it hurts, but the shock will wear off, and you do not need losers like that in your life. The fact that they are "chitt-heads" should be their problem, not yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

hear, hear!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:29 PM

If the girl feels really guilty about it, you can probably shame her and SIIHP. Videotape it and post it on the internets and you'll feel a lot better.

Post the link, obv.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:05 PM

make sure to post it on your myspace page. Change the background to scary black and your music to something angry.