Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Is My Overpair Poo?

Unless he'll 3 bet you with 77-TT, you're either in real good shape on the flop or not. I'm not saying it's an easy spot. You both have over 100 BB's.

If he has AK here, how should he play it? If he has any kind of hair on his a**, he's going to fire a decent sized CB on the flop with it.

If you agree with that scenario, what should you do? Whatever it is, it shouldn't always be the same thing. More often than not, I find leading out works best. How many villain's come over the top, or even call there, with AK?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:34 AM

The pot's big enough in proportion to stacks that I don't like leading, picking up a c-bet has too much value to throw away imo. I'd c/c here, although there's a lot of dirty turns.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:10 AM

I wouldn't expect a 30/15 guy to c-bet this big when he missed the flop 3-way. I think a fold is fine.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:30 AM

If you do call and then check turn what is the plan for the river? Probably check call given the line assuming the board is not crap?

Actually a 1/2 pot blocking bet seems fine also.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:02 AM

Based on how you've described this situation, a fold allows him to push you around. MP regularly 3-bets, so he could have a wide range of hands. Then, both opponents check to him on the flop? It only makes sense to C-bet it here.

The only reason a fold might be correct is because of the extreme difficulty of playing this further.

Better, though not easier to play, are calling or raising. Between those two, you have to ask more questions. If you call, is he just going to push you off your hand when he holds a weaker hand? If you call, can you reach a cheap showdown--or is it going to end up all in anyhow? If you think he will push you off QQ with a weaker hand, then put in a raise.