Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 03:49 AM

Default Re: One of these rare \"big laydowns\"?

[ QUOTE ]
You're either looking at hands you're behind or you're looking at Villans that are over-playing their hands...the 3-bet/cap doesn't change that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with this. I guess I should say if I misclick-called the first time, or if I called and then realized my error, I'd still fold to the second 2 bets.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: One of these rare \"big laydowns\"?

I think I would have check raised the turn.

My reasoning is, with all that action. SOMEONE is going to start the festivities of betting on the turn regardless of the card.

This allows you to put the pressure on more players by re-raising on 3-betting when it comes back to you.

MP1 looks like he just got sandwiched and is calling in hopes that you guys would quit and make it cheaper for him on his draw
(which I say it looks like he is on because he is not either raising his big made hand or folding a weaker one)

He could be slowplaying a bigger set himself, but we can't say for sure. But with this many players, there is a better chance
of a player having a flush draw so a raise would be a better move for MP1 if he did have a set.
He would have most likely folded when you 3-bet at him if he had a weak hand.
So I think the strong draw is correct for him.

That being said, since the main driving forces here are you and the button, I would check, let him bet, and force the majority
of the players to call two bets cold right away. Instead, MP1 already invested a bet and a lot of people (including myself)
have a harder time of letting go of hands once they are sandwiched between two raisers.
By check-raising, you give him the guilt-free pleasure of folding for free.

Keep in mind, that I realize the flush draw is still worth it for two bets at this point, but with the fear that it might cost 3 or four all together,
it wouldn't be. He still may stay anyway, just at least you give yourself the best chance to get rid of him.

As for the river, I think it's right (albeit hard) to drop it. For MP1 to bluff a pot this big thinking he'd get two players to fold isn't happening,
When you check, he is scared that the button will check too and he'll lose some bets with his big made draw. So he bets. If the button didn't raise, you
could have called it easy, since the pot is too big to let go for one bet now.

I think the button was raising into it becuase he maybe thought MP1 was
capable of bluffing. So by raising, he punishes the bluffer AND puts more pressure on you to fold (since you would still be his only competition for the pot
if MP1 was bluffing the river.

The pre-flop was right. With 22, see the flop as cheap as you can. Not worth raising to try to go heads up.

well, let's see what the gallery has to say about this

Jim