Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: 0/8 limit training videos??

I regularly play 30-60 and 75-150 omaha hilo on stars. I have started a company with a few other pros and I exclusively teach omaha (mainly omaha hilo). Check out all the videos and aricles:

www.cardacademy.com
Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 AM

Didn't see an O8 free video up - do you have a sample up?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:50 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

It is at the bottom on each side of the sign up button. His Omaha games must be significantly different than mine because the example would be chip spewage in my regular game.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is at the bottom on each side of the sign up button. His Omaha games must be significantly different than mine because the example would be chip spewage in my regular game.

[/ QUOTE ]
If only the game was as easy as that hand sample
Old 06-03-2007, 11:36 PM

I have added a $5-$10 6-max omaha hilo video as a sample. Please click this link to view:

http://www.cardacademy.com/v1/content/view/50/47/
Old 06-05-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have added a $5-$10 6-max omaha hilo video as a sample. Please click this link to view:

http://www.cardacademy.com/v1/content/view/50/47/

[/ QUOTE ]

Any monkey can play the absolute nuts. Not much in the way of tough or interesting scenarios. To be fair I've found that to be the case with most poker videos I've seen.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Jethro, good video, great accent.

As I am a player who can barely beat a .25/.5 game; I think I am representative of your target audience. So here is my feedback...

What SparkMan said without tact is that the hands were fairly strightforward that were played. You had good commentary as to why you didn't play some and did the others. Perhaps because of your ruthlessness of culling potential problem hands, you hand no problems.

I'd like to see a few more vids where you have more problem hands. But not because you change your starting hand requirments. Also, you played one hand for a gut shot draw (the Jack) and didn't explain the reasoning behind that play. Those types of plays I'd like to see more explainations.

Also, if you drop down to the lower limits, the play changes some due to the number of limpers in. It would be good to see .50/1 play. And personally, I get eaten alive when Heads Up. So I will vote for a O8 HU vid, too.

And I sincerely appreciate the effort you put into the vids, as someone who's made videos (for slight of hand magic club). Its damn hard work.

thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Spark man and grandma dog,

My videos are weekly 1 hr long typical un-edited sessions online. The few hands you saw, may not represent a typial session because of the short sample size. I admit, I was up-swinging during those particular hands. In the many videos I have done, and will continue to do, situational plays of all sorts will be shown and explained.

The site offers individual videos which can be purchased for a low price if you do not want to subscribe.

I think you will find my videos very helpful.