Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Fake Winning Lottery Ticket Causes Ecstasy -- Then Fury. What Now?

[ QUOTE ]
Jay,

Of course, but it is a practical joke afterall. I'm not saying it's wrong to sympathize with her for getting emotionally shaken, but I'd say most generally the persons reaction is more of a "ahh, damn you!" type of thing as opposed to a literal breakdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I wanted to know how long people think this gag should be permitted to last. We were talking 15 minutes of whooping it up. My SIL was saying, "I've never won ANYTHING, and this is going to clear up some bills that I thought would bury us!" It was high-five city.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Fake Winning Lottery Ticket Causes Ecstasy -- Then Fury. What Now

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever met a woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate ed but I gotta quote him on this one
Old 12-23-2006, 02:30 AM

Dem,

You so fail to understand the mentality of the debt-ridden middle class. I'm guessing you are either a child who has never had to support himself or have a very high income. My bet is the former as a college student with parents who foot the bills but I may be stereotyping.

J
Old 12-23-2006, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I hate ed

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm white though.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever met a woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever posted content?
Old 12-23-2006, 02:35 AM

You don't know how you would feel until you are in that situation. Last summer my dad bought my mom one of these and she got elated thinking she was going to help my struggling brother and sister out.

Once she found out and I watched her almost cry, I hated my dad in that instant. What he thought was funny caused her grief.

It's almost like handing someone a stack of hundreds and then taking it back an hour later after you already spent it in your dreams.

It's like getting hit in the nuts, it's funny until it happens to you.

my two scents [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2006, 02:35 AM

EdFurlong is right. And he posts enough that that was bound to happen sooner or later [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Many in this thread need to work on reading comprehension, or maybe they just have never played the game in question. The person who this joke is acted out on was randomly selected, not selected by the guy.

Some women are just prone to emotional breakdowns over stupid [censored]. One of the greatest travesties of this world is that many times these breakdowns enable the villanization of men who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. My mom, god bless her, cries at the drop of a hat. And maybe he did carry the joke on too far, it is pretty much impossible for us to determine this I think. But don't be results oriented in your analysis, and remember that your sister-in-law's emotional breakdown is not to be blamed on the circumstances that 'seem' to have caused it. I think if she is a rational person then she will be able to look back on this event in the future and see that her breakdown was not really provoked by your cousin to the extent that it might have seemed like at the time.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hate ed

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm white though.

[/ QUOTE ]

well played.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EdFurlong is right. And he posts enough that that was bound to happen sooner or later [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Many in this thread need to work on reading comprehension, or maybe they just have never played the game in question. The person who this joke is acted out on was randomly selected, not selected by the guy.

Some women are just prone to emotional breakdowns over stupid [censored]. One of the greatest travesties of this world is that many times these breakdowns enable the villanization of men who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. My mom, god bless her, cries at the drop of a hat. And maybe he did carry the joke on too far, it is pretty much impossible for us to determine this I think. But don't be results oriented in your analysis, and remember that your sister-in-law's emotional breakdown is not to be blamed on the circumstances that 'seem' to have caused it. I think if she is a rational person then she will be able to look back on this event in the future and see that her breakdown was not really provoked by your cousin to the extent that it might have seemed like at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

All good points. I think I've been pretty reasonable in my openness to interpreting this situation, as I've said in this thread that I'm

1) obviously biased, and
2) it was clear that my cousin did not know the eventual ticket holder.

However, my anger was more in the amount of time he allowed to pass -- and the mounting elation for this couple (10k is a lot of coin to them). But again, I realize I'm biased. I'm just saying he could easily have stepped in after one or two minutes went by.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:56 AM

since im not part of your family or the butt of this joke, I think it is [censored] funny as hell.

And anyway, your cousin prolly gave the best gift at that party, how many people truly know what it feels like to win the lottery? 1 in 10s of thousands? They should be thanking him for such a unique experience! (am I kidding? who knows!)