Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Tunica Roll Call

My buddies and I are making our annual Tunica trip for the early events of the WPO next week and we've heard an unsettling rumor. Is Platinum Plus closed for business? I heard about the latest raid but can't find out if it's still open or not?

Hey, we can't play poker the entire time we're there; we have to take a break sometime don't we? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2006, 05:53 AM

Its closed and the joint in Mississippi is closed as well.

Feds & locals raided it. Arrested them for Drugs, Prostitution, Money laundering the whole kit and caboodle.

The Playground will be closed for quite sometime... The owners are trying to relocate in West Memphis in Ark. but the locals there are making every effort to change the zoning ordinances to prevent it.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:20 AM

Can you believe I didn't even know that Platinum was still closed?

That's how much I keep up with these things.
I remember hearing of that raid on the news several months ago but didn't know it was still out.

The 'joint in Mississippi'... Do you mean the 'Caberet' that is right on the Memphis/Mississippi line on Hwy 61?
Wasn't aware that place was closed either.

Hearing a lot of radio commercials for a new club called NY Dolls. I don't even know where it is though.

Babes Show-club was getting a lot of radio air-play too...but not as much anymore I don't think.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The 'joint in Mississippi'... Do you mean the 'Caberet' that is right on the Memphis/Mississippi line on Hwy 61?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats the place the Cabaret is also closed owned by the same dude that owned Platinum. The head of the Memphis "Beer Board" (responsible for enforcing booze laws.) had to resign amid the controversy.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 PM

I live near Tunica and while playing at Gold Strike heard that Horseshoe and Grand are sponsoring a 250k bad beat jackpot that you only need to lose with Aces full of kings or better to win.

That contrasts with the usual bad beat jackpot of 250k at Gold Strike that you have to lose with 4 tens or better to win. Hope the rumor is true- I will start playing at Horseshoe and/or Grand.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:39 PM

Please refer to it by it's correct name, 'Caberet'.
This is pronounced Cab-EE-ray.

They bought the big neon letters to put on top of the building, yet they spelled 'Cabaret' wrong.
they get the spelling correct for their billboard advertisements though.

Didn't know it was under the same ownership as Platinum.
Parking lot always looked pretty empty every time I drove past. Even on weekends it didn't look to me like they were doing a lot of business.

Now with the new I-69 connector I don't drive down Hwy 61 anymore so had no idea they were closed.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats the place the Cabaret is also closed owned by the same dude that owned Platinum. The head of the Memphis "Beer Board" (responsible for enforcing booze laws.) had to resign amid the controversy.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the owners for the Caberet place died about 6 months ago.

I think the papers published something from his will..... saying he wanted everyone to know that he didn't owe anyone a dime.

Technically that mat have been true. But I know he owed over 100k to at least one company that he finally got them to settle for much less than the 100k.

Slime bag
Old 01-01-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My buddies and I are making our annual Tunica trip for the early events of the WPO next week and we've heard an unsettling rumor. Is Platinum Plus closed for business? I heard about the latest raid but can't find out if it's still open or not?

Hey, we can't play poker the entire time we're there; we have to take a break sometime don't we? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha - NO strip clubs for you guys this trip.
Your other activities this time should include trips to the Museums (River and Tunica Historical) some fine shopping at the Mall, and maybe some hot times in Downtown Tunica.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Don't forget the Metal Museum in downtown Memphis.

Better still, skip the museums go to Beal Street but stop @ Texas De Brazil first...
Old 01-02-2007, 02:27 PM

Default MIXED GAME !

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what do you consider a small mixed game?

[/ QUOTE ] Was thinking 4-8 or 6-12 HORSE or HOSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK guys -- I will try to start a 4-8 Mixed Game at the Horseshoe this Thursday (1-4th) at 9pm.
My guess is that during the weekends, we will have to have this game after midnight.