Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: floating the semi-bluff check/raise

IMO a "weak-tight-tag" would not bet 88/99/TT here on the turn, would rarely bet a jack. You check/called the flop and flush hit. the weak tight thought process is that you have a flush.

what is YOUR image is the most important thing to me. Look at all the standard replies and basically it seems like this person should expect you to play more aggro with a draw. you shouldn't have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X because you probably raise that somewhere.

I dunno just the type of hands this guy should be folding to a c/r they shouldn't be betting, that's weak tight.

Edit: I think this play works if villain is weak/tight/awful and can't really think out loud.

FWIW I think you should be donking this flop a lot to take the pot down. I know we have open ended but I just want to win this pot. Raise pf, if that makes him defensive then check, then bet this flop and win it sooner rather than making a complicated play like this.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Re: floating the semi-bluff check/raise

danza,

cool man. thanks for the comments. i'm not really that fancy of a player but every now and then i like to try mixing it up where my equity seems pretty big, anyhow.

bbbushu