Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Active duty soldiers coming out against the war

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He might just be pointing out that there is a difference in motives for joining the service.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is directly smearing the motives and integrity of anyone in the military who isn't kissing the Republican Party's ass.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was implying 'everyone' just 'some'. And for anyone who's been in the service, it's obvious that there are 'some' who are just in for the benefits.

I guess I'm just missing your point.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And for anyone who's been in the service, it's obvious that there are 'some' who are just in for the benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

And some would have join well before Bush election and never thought the USA would have had such a moronic president, besides the fact that political dissent, I hope, is still tolerated in the forces.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he was implying 'everyone' just 'some'.

[/ QUOTE ]

How convenient for him that the "some" who are cheating the system just happen to include everyone who doesn't publicly toe the Republican Party line.

q/q
Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he was implying 'everyone' just 'some'.

[/ QUOTE ]

How convenient for him that the "some" who are cheating the system just happen to include everyone who doesn't publicly toe the Republican Party line.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say about 30% of the U.S. Military are Democrats, so I really don't know where you're trying to go with that. I was in when Clinton was President; I didn't vote for him; I didn't agree with a lot of his policies; so I can't understand what you are talking about.

I think you have an inaccurate view of our military. You're still U.S. citizen and you're allowed to have political views, but you still are required to follow the orders of the Commander in Chief regardless of your political or personal views and opinions. And you swear an oath to do so.

And some people don't think through all this and the possible ramifications, or they have other motives. Which is obvious from the quotes from one of the signers of the petition…

[ QUOTE ]
"Rebecca"--26 years old. 101st Airborne, US Army. Just returned from Iraq. Stationed at Fort Hood, Texas:

I joined in 2004. I was trying to go into the human rights field, but it was very competitive. I was in need of health insurance, and the Army seemed feasible. Now it looks like I will be stop-lossed until 2010.

I had strong feelings about the war, against it, but I'm the type of person that wants to fully understand both sides of the argument.

My experience in Iraq confirmed my views...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-19-2006, 01:18 PM

give it up John. when Q/Q starts one of his rants you just need to give it time to dissipate like a noxious gas.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And some people don't think through all this and the possible ramifications, or they have other motives. Which is obvious from the quotes from one of the signers of the petition…

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people expect (wrongly) that their service will be *respected*, and that they will not be used as political pawns when it suits some right-wing hack's partisan political interests.

Listening to a bunch of chickenhawks like Copernicus rant about how "they knew what they were getting into, so they had it coming" is really just about as low as it gets, in my view.

The military isn't some big suckerfest where once people have signed on the dotted line they can be used and abused without conscience or consequence. Respect for service isn't just about throwing a yellow sticker on your car. It's about respecting the men and women in the armed forces enough to NOT PUT THEIR LIVES IN JEOPARDY UNLESS THERE IS A TRUE THREAT THAT REQUIRES IT. The Republican Party has broken faith with the military. They have abused them and played them for suckers, and 3000 men and women have died as a consequence. Copernicus seems to think that this is just the way the game is played. This, in my opinion, identifies him as a worthless jackass -- and I suspect I'm far from alone in that observation. If the reasons I feel this way aren't clear at this point in the conversation, I doubt there's much more I can add to make it clearer.

q/q
Old 12-20-2006, 11:17 AM

Thank you Mr Quads. I too am sick of the 101st Fighting Keyboardists arguing for the war while the Army is desperately trying to fill the ranks. Their excuses are just as weak. I thank God that these kind of people weren't around during the Bay of Pigs because then nobody would have to worry about oil and we would be bowing to our Atomic Cockroach Overlords.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
give it up John. when Q/Q starts one of his rants you just need to give it time to dissipate like a noxious gas.

[/ QUOTE ]
HaHa. I was thinking the exact same thing, but about you not q/q.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:12 PM

"Listening to a bunch of chickenhawks like Copernicus rant about how "they knew what they were getting into, so they had it coming" is really just about as low as it gets, in my view."

Iron, this deserves a ban far more than anything Ive ever said.

Q/Q, I enlisted and served, so take your "chickenhawk" comment and stick your computer where it hurts. You are ignored.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I enlisted and served

[/ QUOTE ]

You have my full respect, Copernicus, but I am not giving one bit of it to the lying administration that started it all. In fact I am really looking at them with the full contempt and total lack of respect they deserve. I mean, they did con me for a while. I hate myself for it.