Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator (basic personality test)

ESTJ
67-12-38-44
Old 12-17-2006, 11:38 AM

I could've sworn I've taken this before and gotten INTJ... this time ENTP

meh
Old 12-17-2006, 01:02 PM

I don't need a personality test. I'm on this forum! !! ! ! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2006, 01:14 PM

i didnt follow your links but i took this test in an advanced management class along with several other tests (thomas-kilmann) and they are very interesting. obviously i wanted to know if my traits would make me agood poker player.... Meyers Briggs essentially told me i am an extrovert, a thinking person as opposed to feeling and some othe [censored] that i cant remember since i dont have the test in front of me. awesome and kind of hilarious you posted this since i just turned my paper on this in on friday. maybe my thinking (logical) nature wil make me a good hand reader and my extroverted nature will keep the fish coming back b/c im so much fun... or maybe this test has nothing to do with poker.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe this test has nothing to do with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it's posted here, and not in Psychology. Although, it might make an interesting post there too.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:01 PM

Default MBTI afterthought

There's little doubt that tests like these are flawed to the extent that they tend to pigeonhole people without a lifetime of analysis.

But I've noticed another failure in this test, and it applies to virtually every test I've ever taken of this nature: it fails to consider that certain types (especially the analytical thinkers) tend to extrapolate the general principles out of the questions, thereby violating the objectivity required to provide a true answer.

For example: Question 21: Your actions are frequently influenced by emotions.
This question is undoubtedly designed to determine whether or not you follow through on logical plans or tend to react in the moment, and the degree to which you allow outside influences on the actions you choose to take at any given time. If you let something affect you to the point where it affects your choice of action, it would seem to some like you are less in control of yourself, but others like you are adaptable and can flexibly change course depending on the moment. A "NO" answer clearly gives a "point" for logical thinking in the test's internal scoring system, while a "YES" answer clearly gives a "point" for adaptability and flexibility. Following from that, if you have a self-image already set you can effect a certain result, by choosing the answer that effects that result. You will tend to justify it with a particular memory that makes the answer "true", while in reality, a good percentage of the time the truth is in fact the opposite; you may wish, in your heart, to appear to be a strong individualist and choose "NO" to answer the question above, regardless of the majority case.

For some questions, I find myself spending more time trying to figure out what the question is really asking about me rather than determining the most accurate response to it.

Of course, you may ask "why can't you just answer the question without thinking about the underlying motive behind it?" The response to that, naturally, is best illustrated by the final scene in Ghostbusters, in which Egon informs the boys that the next thing they think about will be the source of the next monster to appear, and therefore not to think about anything at all. After a moment of silence, a guilty look appears on Ray, the stockier ghostbuster's face, and within moments, a 400-foot tall Stay Puft Marshmallow man is strolling by.

In other news, I find my own results starting to converge toward the middle, with respect to introversion/extraversion, and judging/perceiving. It appears that I'm probably pretty balanced with respect to Intraversion/Extraversion, sometimes choosing to be lost in my own world and other times sharing it with everyone else. The middle two, N and T, have remained consistent, with little deviation towards feeling or sensing. The last letter, J/P is again very middle of the road, suggesting I sometimes make judgments without information and other times am so busy acquiring information that I don't bother judging at all. I find the former at play in absorbing information from written sources, and quickly discarding anything that doesn't make sense (thinking in my head: what an idiot), while the perceiving comes generally with respect to people, who I tend to enjoy listening to more often until I find myself beginning to logically reject things they say.

This all may, of course, be an optimistic view of my nature, but the way I figure, the more I know about how my peers operate and how I operate with respect to them, the more likely I am to learn how to deal with their personal... "foibles", and get past it to more interesting things.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: MBTI afterthought

Mine was FCKU
Old 12-17-2006, 03:11 PM

No flame intended. i was saying that my reading into this test for poker purposes might be stupid. no reflection on your post or what thread its in.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:20 PM

INTJ

78 25 50 11

Seems to be accurate.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: MBTI afterthought

[ QUOTE ]
Mine was FCKU

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned?