Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 03:14 AM

Default Re: it\'s been a while... trips, no kicker

[ QUOTE ]
I advocated shoving the flop (CRAI or open shove). If villain had QQ or on over-pair and hit, then so be it.

Wuwei is ahead on the flop and those that limped Ax, Kx will ultimately pay when they miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing you at least respect my golf game. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way. I'm shocked if Blue Lipton has a hand here. He doesn't complete with a 3 at 15/30. He raises with a hand at 15/30. He's making a play.

Good players don't make goofy, obvious min-check-raises in this spot with a 3. He's mediocre FYI, and I'd be very surprised if he has it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who makes a play in a 4-way pot in a sng who isn't a bad player? Although I can see following through on the turn once you tried the minraise on the flop and were just called. But if Lipton is that mediocre of a player, can he really have a read that wuwei is capable of folding a hand that he seemed so proud of on the flop (to lead into 4 ppl)?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way. I'm shocked if Blue Lipton has a hand here. He doesn't complete with a 3 at 15/30. He raises with a hand at 15/30. He's making a play.

Good players don't make goofy, obvious min-check-raises in this spot with a 3. He's mediocre FYI, and I'd be very surprised if he has it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who makes a play in a 4-way pot in a sng who isn't a bad player? Although I can see following through on the turn once you tried the minraise on the flop and were just called. But if Lipton is that mediocre of a player, can he really have a read that wuwei is capable of folding a hand that he seemed so proud of on the flop (to lead into 4 ppl)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the check-raise is a telling sign, the min check-raise might also mean sumpin.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:23 AM

It's not 4-way when it gets back to him. If I'm a decent player (and that's where I put Blue Lipton), I know that most players aren't leading a 3 at that flop from the blinds. I also know that they might have respect for a min-raise from an "unknown" out of the blinds. It's a good steal try with minimal effort. A "weak unknown" probably makes the irritation call, then folds to a bet on the turn.

I bet his play is very +EV against most unknowns. I just don't think he has it. Intuition and some experience with the opponent.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not 4-way when it gets back to him. If I'm a decent player (and that's where I put Blue Lipton), I know that most players aren't leading a 3 at that flop from the blinds. I also know that they might have respect for a min-raise from an "unknown" out of the blinds. It's a good steal try with minimal effort. A "weak unknown" probably makes the irritation call, then folds to a bet on the turn.

I bet his play is very +EV against most unknowns. I just don't think he has it. Intuition and some experience with the opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are overthinking the situation. He's going to have a 3 more often than he's going to be making a play. He multitables a good amount, which makes him even less likely to be making a play. If he bluffed hero out w/ the worst hand, good for him.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:51 AM

Note to self: if you multi-table, you can min-check-raise any low-paired flop from the blinds and get away with it. This is one of the first "plays" I thought of on my own.

I'm just saying this is so against any data I have on him, it's obscene. Can we force him to prove he's capable once first?

Why would he do this if he's "good"? So he can get zero value with a monster?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self: if you multi-table, you can min-check-raise any low-paired flop from the blinds and get away with it. This is one of the first "plays" I thought of on my own.

I'm just saying this is so against any data I have on him, it's obscene. Can we force him to prove he's capable once first?

Why would he do this if he's "good"? So he can get zero value with a monster?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand your response, can you reword that? I'm not trying to be a dick, I seriously don't know what you are trying to say, especially with the last four sentences.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:02 AM

Why would you play a 3 like this if you were good? It folds everything you beat.

I'm saying it's very unlikely he has a 3, based on several SNG's with said opponent.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:04 AM

If villian had AQ and posted this hand from the SB I don't think anyone would disagree much with his line.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:13 AM

Except the turn. 4-way pot preflop, paired board, one caller. I'm checking for pot-control. Also I think anyone who's going to overplay AQ on the turn here is also going to reraise preflop. As I would as well. Poop on AQ in 4-way limped pots.