Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Pokerxfactor.com vs. sngicons.com

"How to play a Party Poker STT against United1234" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2006, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Pokerxfactor.com vs. sngicons.com

[ QUOTE ]
Can you (icons) make Party videos or are you all Americans?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Instructional Sites - Review

Great post, I actually posted a question pertaining to training sites before seeing this. I'm dumping my thread and coming over to yours.

What about the other training sites? I know of CardRunners & RealPokerTraining but there must be others right?

One very important thing for me is that I'm learning from people who are not only good at teaching, but good at making money.

Can anyone post full reviews on the other top training sites with regards to tournaments?

edit- added realpokertraining
Old 12-11-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post, I actually posted a question pertaining to training sites before seeing this. I'm dumping my thread and coming over to yours.

What about the other training sites? I know of CardRunners but there must be others right?

One very important thing for me is that I'm learning from people who are not only good at teaching, but good at making money.

Can anyone post full reviews on the other top training sites with regards to tournaments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you read this thread? That might be a good place to start.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 PM

Yes, of course I have [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I'm asking for reviews of other top training sites. I'm also asking for information on which of these sites has instructors who are making the most cash from the techniques they're teaching.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, of course I have [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I'm asking for reviews of other top training sites. I'm alos asking for information on which of these sites has instructors who are making the most cash from the techniques they're teaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are at least three good ones mentioned in this thread with a lot of comments about them.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:47 PM

I'm really interested in SNG Icons, but there just isn't enough there yet to justify dropping $100 up front:

1. Only nine videos are up and 5 of them are for tables with buyins over $200, which is about 10x too high for my level of play. So I'd have to drop $100 for four posted videos that would be of use to me. That may make sense for a player hitting $200 tables as it's only half a buyin, but for me that's 10 to 20 buyins.

2. While they posted 7 videos in the first five days they were in business, they've only posted 2 videos in the 2 weeks since that time. I don't want to drop the $100 initial fee only to find out they're coing to continue to slow the pace of posting.

If it weren't for the upfront balloon payment, I'd give this a shot. But as things stantd it just doesn't seem like a good value for me.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:34 PM

I talked with z32 a lot over the past few days about the site and the direction they are taking it. I know they have a lot of plans for videos at all levels, along with improving the quality of the videos. I really think that sng icons emphasizes a very basic, mathematically sound style that almost everyone can learn and impliment at their own level of play.

As far as the pace of the videos coming out, all 3 of them have been in Vegas for the past week or so and I'd expect more videos to come out soon.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:07 PM

fwiw, I made a $55 video last night that should be up soon. I will make whatever you guys want...so if it is $3.30s on stars or $1100s, let me know and ill get them up.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:09 PM

High carding video plz