Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Greatest Rap Albums of All-Time

[ QUOTE ]
cypress hill beating aquemini is sickening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just posted the opposite. That Black Sunday isn't beating Aquemini by enough.

Different strokes I guess.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You really don't think that Niggaz4Life is better than Straight Outta Compton, do you? The lack of Ice Cube brings that album down a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I strongly do. I miss Ice Cube, and to be honest the older I get the more I have hard time enjoying a lot of the lyrics, even as a joke. But musically I think that album is just absolutely incredible. TIt still holds up and sounds great. The first rap album where some insanely talented dudes, really just went nuts, had fun and let it all hang out. It would probably get my vote for #1 next to... Paul's Boutique, which is one of the best albums of all time, and Licensed to Ill isn't even that good. And I also like Yo! Bum Rush the Show, but I realize I'm in the minority on that one. Never got into Fear of a Black Planet or It Takes a Nation of Millions...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see where you're coming from with the NWA thing....Automobile might be my favorite song by N.W.A.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:16 PM

I'd Rather [censored] You - is my favorite

"I gotta hurry up and bust this nut, cuz it's checkout time"

Wait until you're trying to do exactly that, the maid's knocking on the door, and this song starts running through your head. Very hard to concentrate.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Usually when there is a poll on here, the OP will list a bunch of albums and say to mark of 5ish. Then take the Top # and seed them accordingly. Take 100 top albums and then the Top 64 (or 32 preferred) can make a good poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would work, and probably would have been a good idea, but then I would be typing up the names of 1500 rap albums, as everyone has different tastes in who they like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede's Guide to a successful March Madness Style Poll:

1 - Nominations Thread. Let everyone and their mother throw out whatever nominees they want. Make a list of all the nominees and weed through it somehow (like, throw out whatever suggestions you feel don't really belong - it's your poll after all).

2 - Wildcard Thread. This is where you might let the OOTers pick from the less worthy of the nominations, after you already pre-qualified the real solid stuff.

3 - Seeding Thread. I skip this one for my movie polls, letting IMDB ratings be the guide. Not sure if there is a similar "objective" source for seeding rap albums. If nothing else, use your good judgement and be prepared to catch heat for your personal biases.

4 - Let the Games Begin!

Basically, you skipped right to the fourth step, bad move.

Swede
Old 02-03-2006, 06:21 PM

I'll lose faith in 2+2 if Straight Outta Compton, Ready to Die, Life after Death, and one of the 2Pac albums aren't the final 4.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cypress hill beating aquemini is sickening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just posted the opposite. That Black Sunday isn't beating Aquemini by enough.

Different strokes I guess.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2006, 06:23 PM

This should be a sticky. Also: who want to make the effort to categorize and collect all the music poll threads so no duplicates occur?
Also: WTF COOLIO? Why not The Candyman and Kwame while we're at it. It's good to see that Underground HipHop does not exist, and that every po-rap poopoo of the last 5 years needs to be considered.

Indeed,
--GA
Old 02-03-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Usually when there is a poll on here, the OP will list a bunch of albums and say to mark of 5ish. Then take the Top # and seed them accordingly. Take 100 top albums and then the Top 64 (or 32 preferred) can make a good poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would work, and probably would have been a good idea, but then I would be typing up the names of 1500 rap albums, as everyone has different tastes in who they like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede's Guide to a successful March Madness Style Poll:

1 - Nominations Thread. Let everyone and their mother throw out whatever nominees they want. Make a list of all the nominees and weed through it somehow (like, throw out whatever suggestions you feel don't really belong - it's your poll after all).

2 - Wildcard Thread. This is where you might let the OOTers pick from the less worthy of the nominations, after you already pre-qualified the real solid stuff.

3 - Seeding Thread. I skip this one for my movie polls, letting IMDB ratings be the guide. Not sure if there is a similar "objective" source for seeding rap albums. If nothing else, use your good judgement and be prepared to catch heat for your personal biases.

4 - Let the Games Begin!

Basically, you skipped right to the fourth step, bad move.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Please forgive, I did not realize what I was doing......I still feel that this poll will still produce a definitive opinion on what OOT thinks is the best rap album of all time. (I mean OTT as a group)
Old 02-03-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Greatest Rap Album of All-Time

miseducation of lauren hill is a rap album?
Old 02-03-2006, 06:26 PM

Default My top 10 all time - Re: Greatest Rap Album of All-Time

Nas- illmatic

Mobb Deep - infamous

Redman - what thee album

B.I.G - Ready to Die

Brand Nubian - All for 1

Eric B rakim - Paid in Full

Common Sense - Resurrection

Gang Starr - Best of ( to me gang starr has some of the best hip - hop songs ever but every album has some fillers i think)

K.M.D. - Who Me

M.f. Doom - Operation doomday

Anyone like MF Doom on this site?