Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: [3/6] KQs flops top two on monotone board

[ QUOTE ]
does acting first negate any of this equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its sort of the other way around, raising and making a bigger pot makes position a little less valueable.

A long time ago, either Clarkmeister or Dynasty told me that I should be raising any two suited broadway cards out of the blinds against a loose field, and I am firmly convinced that that play has a lot of value all the way down to JTs, and sometimes, I make the play with K9s or Q9s also, especially if my opponents seem to weak loose.

Aside from the value you get by making this raise, you also occasionally flop a gutshot or something, and make a continuation bet, and everyone folds, because they only raise monsters out of the blind, and assume that you have AA, KK, or something like that.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He can have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Ax

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be assuming a level of passivity(since there was not raise or reraise pf)that goes beyond the realm of the typical scope of reason.

[ QUOTE ]
He can have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Qx, he can have a worse two pair, he could have the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ still iffy, but sure he could have the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. i just said there is no way he has AA.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a horrible river fold getting 1000-1

[/ QUOTE ]

as stated in my previous post, this fold would be most certainly bad.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does acting first negate any of this equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its sort of the other way around, raising and making a bigger pot makes position a little less valueable.

A long time ago, either Clarkmeister or Dynasty told me that I should be raising any two suited broadway cards out of the blinds against a loose field, and I am firmly convinced that that play has a lot of value all the way down to JTs, and sometimes, I make the play with K9s or Q9s also, especially if my opponents seem to weak loose.

Aside from the value you get by making this raise, you also occasionally flop a gutshot or something, and make a continuation bet, and everyone folds, because they only raise monsters out of the blind, and assume that you have AA, KK, or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^Awesome.

OP/ALL: If we are playing our hand as the best (assuming naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with or without a pair for MP1), why not 3 bet the flop and lead turn?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:16 PM

Our flop equity is not that great if they both have draws, unless they both have the same draw. If on the other hand I know the turn isn't the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] my hand value goes up quite a bit.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our flop equity is not that great if they both have draws, unless they both have the same draw. If on the other hand I know the turn isn't the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] my hand value goes up quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. As it seems that most legitimate MADE hands for MP1 beat you (any set, any flush) while you only beat a few (AQ/AK/A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4) AND since we know we will not be able to get rid of MP2 even if MP1 capps the betting; it is better to call the flop raise, bet the turn and fold UI? 2 big bets flop to river and we are assuming MP1 can't have a hand he will raise the turn with and bet the river that we can't beat one of 15 or so times? Heads up I call this bet 100% of the time (with given reads). As an overcall, with MP2 still in there, calling 2 cold on the turn, I don't know, I think you saved a bet to MP2's turned str8.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:49 PM

You have the best hand 20%+ of the time. Pot is 16 to 1.... Bad Fold

I may be an iffy player,,,,,but Bad Fold.

The rest I like... I like the logic on the Preflop raise with KQs. Usually(80-90%) I would just call and I am learning that is too passive.