Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Absolute Review anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody to know is it possible to withdraw with Moneybookers from Absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes you can withdraw with Moneybookers.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its about 8 bucks an hour at 1/2 6max limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a bit high, assuming you're saying per table... but I think it works out to around 90% rakeback.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a bit high, assuming you're saying per table... but I think it works out to around 90% rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]Correct Sniper,that is a bit high of an estimate.This is a fairly accurate one,at 1/2FR,you will clear about 10$ bonus every 300 total played hands.Obviously,the same 300 6max hands will contain more qualified bonus point hands,but for FR that assessment is very reliable.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely true if you're a FR player (I am), but not so much if you play 6-max tables (I don't). There are currently 9 6-max tables running at NL200 and 4 at NL400 - not great, but not bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, there are times when up to 15-18 NL200 6max tables running. But it's not all the time. Sites like Full Tilt or Stars you can fire up and choose from 50 tables at these limits. Sites like Absolute, you may have up to 20, more likely about 12, and 4-6 of those will be full of nits anyway. I do play at AP and it has it's perks, but it needs to grow a bit and allow more tables (UB merger?) for me to keep all my online roll there.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, there are times when up to 15-18 NL200 6max tables running. But it's not all the time. Sites like Full Tilt or Stars you can fire up and choose from 50 tables at these limits. Sites like Absolute, you may have up to 20, more likely about 12, and 4-6 of those will be full of nits anyway. I do play at AP and it has it's perks, but it needs to grow a bit and allow more tables (UB merger?) for me to keep all my online roll there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with using thsoe two sites as a comparison point is that the benefits of playing at those sites aren't the same. There's no rakeback at all at Stars and bonuses are sporadic (love that word) at best. At Full Tilt you have both rakeback and bonuses available most of the time, but the RB is a lower percentage and they deduct Bonus + Merchandise from the point store from your Rakeback.

Personally, I think that the quality/quantity of the games available at Full Tilt is enough to offset the difference in the bonus/rakeback structure, but the same cannot be said for Stars. Yes the selection is great and yes there are a ton of people playing that have no clue, but that's just not enough to overcome the loss of rakeback and/or bonus.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:41 PM

You guys are both correct.If comparing AP with stars,it depends on what your looking for obviously.I might add though,in my opinion(as morphd alluded to),if AP/UB would combine and keep the best features from each site(wishful thinking probably),UB`s software with AP`s bonus system ect.,Stars and Tilt would be in trouble.But until that happens,the larger player base at both sites def. provide a legit reason to choose to play there.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Correct Sniper,that is a bit high of an estimate.This is a fairly accurate one,at 1/2FR,you will clear about 10$ bonus every 300 total played hands.Obviously,the same 300 6max hands will contain more qualified bonus point hands,but for FR that assessment is very reliable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to throw out rough numbers (from small sample size), AP 1/2 6max limit, looks something like...

$6/100 MGR... $1.80/100 Rakeback + $3.80/100 Bonus = $5.60/100 R+B (93%)
with maybe 90 Hands/Hr, so closer to $5/Hr/Tbl R+B.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant 8 dollars per 100 hands over 3200 hands at least. Actually it was 7.92