Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Can I make a new account on FT to get rakeback?

[ QUOTE ]
how could their be consequences?

my gf cashes into her bank account, she goes to the atm and gives me the cash.

same could apply for mum, dad, wife, husband, sister, brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your girlfriend paid the taxes on the money too, right?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:45 PM

i fix her up for whatever tax she pays. wtF?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 AM

Nobody here seems to get it, it's all falling on deaf and dumb ears. The point of affilate rakeback programs is to give incentive to get more players to their site. If they already have you at their site, why the hell would they want to give away half of their rake profit that you make them, just because. This makes zero sense from a business standpoint, zero! It doesn't matter if you decide you aren't going to play there anymore, threaten you won't play there anymore, or whatever lame reason you will give in an email to their support staff. You can do as a couple people mentioned already. If there is someone who is really close to you, and I mean close, like you have to trust them with your life(i.e. not a girlfriend who is going to dump you in a few months because you play too much), then take that angle. Be aware however of tax purposes. If you are a player and make more than 1,000/month, be prepared to pay taxes. If you are a baller who makes over 10,000/month, be really prepared to pay taxes. This is very crucial to explain to the person you are using, because depending on the amount of money you will be making, it will put them in a higher tax bracket. Most people don't want to be put in a higher tax bracket, because that means they(mom,dad,brother,sister,gf, uncle, etc) will then have to pay more taxes on THEIR hard earned money. This doesn't sound very appealing does it?! I hope everyone reads this, because everyday there is a dozen new threads on the exact same thing!
Old 12-08-2006, 03:49 AM

I have no experience with FT, but I've had no problem at another site with opening an RB account, when my old account had been inactive for a 6 months. Ditto when I hadn't deposited any money into an old account.

I know people who used their middle name to open a new account. They used their old account to fund the new one, get paid by check and have no problems cashing them at a bank.

The tax angle is BS. The IRS cares about who actually earns the money, not whose name is on the account.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The tax angle is BS. The IRS cares about who actually earns the money, not whose name is on the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errrr....wrong.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Errrr....wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I arange for my employer to split the pay check for my highly paid job, between me and my less fortunate trusted friend. My friend, who doesn't actually do any meaningful work for my employer, then reimburses me. My tax is less because my income is split between two people. The IRS doesn't care though, because the important thing is the name on the paycheck?

I doubt it.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:04 PM

Mikechops -

Your friend works for his employer. He uses your name and information and the income he earns is deposited in your bank account. You then withdraw and give the cash to him.

You think when the IRS comes knocking on your door it's ok to say, "No, it's ok. I gave all that money to the guy it really belonged to. He's the one you want." ???

This is obviously hypothetical because no employer would ever do this willingly. This is a very deliberate activity of fraud.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Well if you are going to use a friend's account, then your friend shouldn't withdraw then money in cash to give to you. He should withdraw the money from the site to his bank account, then transfer it to your bank account either via wire or check, so there is some documentation.

This may be fraud but so long as you pay your taxes, it is definitely not tax fraud. The victim is an offshore gaming site and I doubt the IRS gives a damn.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:38 PM

Pay the 1.9% fee and transfer the $ from the gf's neteller to your neteller. Nothing actually hits the bank and you're fine.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody here seems to get it, it's all falling on deaf and dumb ears. The point of affilate rakeback programs is to give incentive to get more players to their site. If they already have you at their site, why the hell would they want to give away half of their rake profit that you make them, just because. This makes zero sense from a business standpoint, zero! It doesn't matter if you decide you aren't going to play there anymore, threaten you won't play there anymore, or whatever lame reason you will give in an email to their support staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does make sense. I'm pretty sure FT would rather have him at a customer at 70% rake, then not a customer at 100% rake. Now whether the OP would actually not play at FT without rakeback is what FT needs to determine and that is pretty complicated.