Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Oil Kitchen Fire Accident

lolo man those burns look nasty but that reads like an "I Love Lucy" episode or something. Put the flaming oil in a stream of water; priceless! This is why they need to keep home ec in school!!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I filed an accident report with the complex to pay for pain/suffering/bills for the lack of the metal stick which is still pending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize that 98% of the entire ordeal is due to your ignorance and negligence.

You are telling me you couldn't find anything in the vicinity to break the glass with?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd bet at least 50% of this forum wouldn't be thinking all too straight when their kitchen was on fire either
Old 12-07-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd bet at least 50% of this forum wouldn't be thinking all too straight when their kitchen was on fire either

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd bet most of us would think straight enough not to fix an oil fire with water.

Also, I'm a little shocked at how he not only got peanut oil hot enough to smoke on an apartment stove, but so hot that smoke was boiling out from the kitchen to the living room.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:13 AM

Ouch! Hope you heal up quickly!

I once set a pan on the stove with oil in it that unbeknownst to me had a hole in the bottom of it, starting a nice grease fire.

I didn't have an extinguisher and being young adults we had no baking soda, so I ended up knocking on doors down the hall to ask if they had baking soda.

Well, the hubby was asleep when this happened. He woke up to the fire alarm going off in the apartment. Unfortunately, (for him), I had also taken his clothes that morning and put them in the washer, (breakfast AND clean clothes - who could ask for more?)

So, he's woken up by the sound of alarm, standing in the hallway of our apartment, smoke coming from the kitchen, very confused as to where his clothes had disappeared to, trying to find something to cover himself with when I get back with the baking soda. Sorry sweetie!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:31 AM

Weird coincidence, my roomate almost set our place on fire tonight. We live in a house that is 3 floors, split into 3 apartments/floor. 4 of us live here. I was in my room at 1am doing some homework while my roomate is making a steak'em and some fries (he just got back from the bar). I hear him walk to his room. A few minutes pass and the kitchen smoke alarm goes off, this always happens when we make bacon, sausage, etc if the overhead fan is not turned on. I walk out to the kitchen to hit the fan and am hit by a cloud of smoke. It was surprisingly thick and I could see the pan was on fire, so I grab a huge lid and throw it on it. I put on a mit and take the whole frying pan and toss it out my bedroom window. The building alarm started going off somewhere between walking to the kitchen and tossing the pan out the window. We call the fire apartment to tell them not to come, but they are 2 blocks away so its too late. A firetruck and 3 cops show up and I end up being the one that has to explain it was just a steak'em malfunction. I don't think our neighbors or maintenance guy are particularly happy
Old 12-07-2006, 03:35 AM

Why didnt you kick the glass?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didnt you kick the glass?

[/ QUOTE ]

had no shoes on.