Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Petition to Change Stars\' Supernova qualification

actually...i dont really care either way.
I'm waiting till Jan 1st to start playing Stars mainly because of the set-up...so guess its goood/bad for Stars.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:40 AM

When Stars came out with the VIP program I increased my play there to be able to take advantage of this program as designed. I used foresight.

Anyone crying that the Stars supernova criteria is unfair is nuts. Stop being a victim and take responsibility for your failure to plan ahead.

That said I think that the proposed changes would actually be in Star's best interests and it would make a lot of people happy and not affect me very much so I am all for it.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you wanted to be Supernova, why didn't you start working at it from the start like I was? We both know the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, are you serious? You have no idea of who I am or what my situation is. Of COURSE I wanted to be supernova when I first started playing.

The most I've ever played in a month is under 45K hands during the summer. How realistic is it for me to earn 100K base FPP when I have full time school and only have a short window of Oct 13 - Dec 31st?

---
and FWIW I pay around $10K/month in rake.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:58 AM

I imagine if Stars started this policy, they might avoid this whole issue by not starting the rolling 12-month period until January. That is, starting January 2007 Supernova status will be based on a rolling 12-month period, but will not include hands played in 2006.

That way, those who spent all year earning FPPs won't feel screwed.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I always considered part of the value to be that there were clearly going to be a lot of 2+2 types who knew they wouldn't make it and thus would not be 8-tabling right along with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're REALLY overestimating this point. If people choose a site primarily for other incentives, stars is not close to other sites (ie Tilt or absolute's rakeback/bonuses).

I have never heard of a single regular quitting stars primarily because they were not going to make Nova at the end of the year.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:03 AM

You did not have a short windorw of Oct 13-Dec 31.

You had the same Jan 1-Dec 31 window that everybody else had.

Some players have been on Stars all year and getting appropriately rewarded for their loyalty.

Should Stars really say, "Lets reward this guy for not playing a lick on our site for the first 10 mths of the year"?

I don't think so.

As always and with every site, if you don't like it then you don't have to play there.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

they made the rules over 11 months ago....waiting till the last month to start bitching, wanting them to change the rules...is just gay...you knew the rules in jan...why didn't you bitch then?

Oh wait...we all know the answer to that..you weren't putting in the hands at stars like I was, you were putting them in at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) didn't have a reason to play on or care about stars
2) made a lot more $$$ on party

Why would I even complain then???

----
I had no idea how to become supernova until I switched to stars as my primary site in mid October.

---

If voicing an opinion is "gay", then kindly GTFO of these forums
Old 12-05-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You did not have a short windorw of Oct 13-Dec 31.

You had the same Jan 1-Dec 31 window that everybody else had.

Some players have been on Stars all year and getting appropriately rewarded for their loyalty.

Should Stars really say, "Lets reward this guy for not playing a lick on our site for the first 10 mths of the year"?

I don't think so.

As always and with every site, if you don't like it then you don't have to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it made no sense financially to play on stars from Jan - early October based on what we all knew at the time regarding legislation.

Also, stars doesn't care about "loyalty", only how much rake you make them. So if I make them a total of $25K in the 3 months I play on their site in 2006, am I any less loyal than someone who made them $25K playing all 12 months?

They rewarded me with platinum, but as a high MGR player, that is not good enough for me.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lmao, are you serious? You have no idea of who I am or what my situation is.

[/ QUOTE ]

see...once again you're wrong.

I know you go to school at Gonzaga.

I know you play NL 600 as your main game and NL 400 as your secondary game.

I know you DO NOT go to class...so that's not even an excuse.

I know you wanted to be a teacher, and want to go to grad school cause you don't want to play poker for a living

I know you're from Hawaii.

I know THE ONLY reason you play at stars now is cause of the party ban. If party opened its doors back up you would be back there is a heart beat.

I know you play at stars over tilt because you have a "tilting" isssue you're dealing with, and if fulltilt poker disconnected on you and dropped you for even one hand you'd go nutso.

Anything else you want me to say to prove I know you?

I could list like a million other things if you want.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I had no idea how to become supernova until I switched to stars as my primary site in mid October.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop lying...you explained to ME over AIM how to become a nova....LOL

You're just getting caught in your own lies.

edited to add: back in the beginning when I started playing there, you sent me which links explained nova etc. and how to obtain it etc. You even answered a couple questions for me about it...LOL