Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Should I write this paper?

Wow, I wish I had gone to University in the US of A, is it really that easy going?
Also, can you just write up whatever you want, I mean if I write a 20page paper and don't have at least 15 good sources listed (which means I have to read the stuff) there is no way I get something better than a C- [roughly calculated to the US grading system]
Old 12-01-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I wish I had gone to University in the US of A, is it really that easy going?
Also, can you just write up whatever you want, I mean if I write a 20page paper and don't have at least 15 good sources listed (which means I have to read the stuff) there is no way I get something better than a C- [roughly calculated to the US grading system]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all classes are this easy. This class was just an elective and pretty laid back. My soc classes are very writing intesive and the papers are usually 20+ pages and the topics are more complex. Which is why I'm kinda burned out on writing right now.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:18 PM

Well, the system is so different [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
I had to write exactly 2 papers a 20 pages (+final one which is 120 max), from what I hear in the US it's many papers kinda homework style?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on what school you go to..if you go to some [censored] small public university it will be a cakewalk. if you go to, cal tech not so easy. the US higher education system is still the best in the world...wherever you're from, still doesn't compare to US standards unless you go to Oxford or Cambridge.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:29 PM

London School of Economics, Sorbonne there are some other good ones in Europe, not sure about the other continents but I assume Tokyo has a good one as well, or so I heard.

But yeah, when it comes to the things that I'm interested in US Universitys are the best. I strongly considered Harvard and Berkeley but I was simply too lazy to move [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Also I'm more of an autodidactiv kind of person so I like this University, you can get by without hassles by never attending and just taking the tests. But if you decide to actually go, the standards are good (as I mentioned in another post one of my math teachers helped solve Fermat and I nowhere near study math)

Also from what I have experienced the difference between US Highschool and my Highschool were like day and night, but then again it was the midwest. I guess it's a little different at the coasts.