Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 11:31 PM

Default Re: ** OFFICIAL \"Heroes\" 10/27/06 Thread **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Syler did take that guy's power, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that way. They never really said how but I expect that will be a future episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well he said something about putting all the pieces together (like the watches) Plus soresh said that the brain was were everything was. So we have to assume he is using parts of brains to make the ultimate brain, sort of like his watch he'd been working on for seven years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they can probably milk most of, if not all, an episode expaining exactly what he does and how he does it. I doubt they won't run through that door, considering they're really trying to turn a 2 hour movie into an 18 episode series.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Syler did take that guy's power, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that way. They never really said how but I expect that will be a future episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well he said something about putting all the pieces together (like the watches) Plus soresh said that the brain was were everything was. So we have to assume he is using parts of brains to make the ultimate brain, sort of like his watch he'd been working on for seven years.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he's collecting pieces of brain matter and assembling them like he assembled watches. that would imply that he performed brain surgery on himself every time he killed someone.

my read was that sylar's "i understand how things work and how pieces fit together" enabled him to "activate" or "unlock" powers within his own brain once he figures out how they work (via dissection) in the brains of those who display said powers given the assumption that we all have the potential for these powers but haven't unlocked them since we don't know how.

i.e. essentially a play on the theory that humans use less than 10% of their brain's ultimate potential; sylar has the ability to incrementally unlock his own brain's potential once he figures out what is possible and where that potential is "located" within the brain. i think this explains why his telekinetic powers were significantly more powerful than Brain Davis's - Sylar knew how it worked while Davis didn't.

or something like that.

even though sylar is clearly a villain, i don't think sylar is inherently evil meaning that he doesn't have an evil endgame like world domination or anything like that. as weird as it sounds, i think he allowed a thirst for power to drive him insane. the taste of having acquired one man's power relatively easily ultimately drives him to try to acquire ALL known powers and he feels that he must kill in order to understand how to unlock them within his own brain.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:01 AM

is this episode worth it? I'm seriously considering dropping this show.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought it was packed with quite a lot of info. Suprising, really. Good ep.

Mind-control chick looks better with longer hair. Still don't know what's up with cheerleader dad.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:14 AM

Is the jury still out on Clair's dad? He is looking more and more like a concerned father than a villain.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't watch -- you probably won't like it.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 AM

btw, what happened when Hiro tried to use his power after accidentally transporting himself back to present-day Japan? it seemed like it stopped working for him. and what should we make of his comment that "his power is bigger than him" after he told Ando he came back to the diner by bus, not teleportation?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:03 AM

spoilers:

They better fix/explain the plot hole regarding Hiro saying that he can't change the past. If that really is the case, then what was the point of ninja Hiro going back to warn Peter?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:03 AM

Hiro's just not very good with his teleportation yet. He's only used it in a couple instances, relying mostly on stopping time. Other heroes have shown the need for practice (ie: the telepathic cop or Nathan Petrelli) in the honing of talents.

The time travel storyline is starting to unravel a bit.... Hiro says he can't change the past. If that's the case, why did future-Hiro travel to the past to talk to Peter in the subway?

In addition, we know Hiro did change the past, he just wasn't able to change it in the way he wanted to. When he and Ando first entered the diner, the waitress mentions she's reading a Japanese phrasebook and in this episode we see Hiro give her a phrasebook 6 months ago. However, how could she NOT recognise Hiro? She has super memory but she's forgotten Hiro and the trip to Japan?

Either Hiro has changed the past, or someobody (The Hatian?) messed with her memory sometime between the event of "Six Months Ago" and now.

Except nobody else in the diner recognised Hiro either when apparently he worked there for a while. When they first walked in the door, everyone should have been all "Hey, Hiro! Where the hell have you been?"

Just to reiterate something I said in a previous hero thread: All of Issac's paintings have come true. While Peter saved Claire, all the visuals remained unchanged. In addition, remember Peter had to finish the paiting with the cheerleader lying dead at Sylar's feet. Peter lacked Issac's technical skill so there was no way to tell the identity of the cheerleader in that painting.

It's entirely possible they saved the wrong cheerleader.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:06 AM

So, are there any suckers out there who want to bet on a hero other than DL or Nikki getting bumped off next week? They're easily the most expendable.