Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: KK line. low board/draw-heavy/ board pair the works.

You'll get bluffed a lot due to your little block bet. Bet-folding like this is very exploitable, and many good players will start raise you with missed draws etc. The problem is that the bet is so odd and small, which screams weakness.

I don't get this: "I allow him to call with hand he would check behind". Which solid player check-raises you on the flop with a draw + pair (or something like that) and then when he misses calls down in spots like this? I can't see him call you down with 67s, especially not with a read on him as solid. I also think that he will bluff a lot more with missed draws than he will call with lesser hands here, and add the fact that your block bet will get raised by a lot players, how can this bet "waste less money"?

In a perfect world, where he will call you down with [censored], where he won't raise you with missed draws etc and where pigs can fly, this bet might be good.

I don't want to act like a jerk or something, but I really don't like block bets at all. =)
Old 11-20-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's not bluffing, ever (which is ridiculous btw), then c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

but he sometimes has hands like A7, 99, TT, 67 that may sometimes call a bet here. i lose value by cf,

when do i block bet then if this is not an example.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll get bluffed a lot due to your little block bet. Bet-folding like this is very exploitable, and many good players will start raise you with missed draws etc. The problem is that the bet is so odd and small, which screams weakness.

I don't get this: "I allow him to call with hand he would check behind". Which solid player check-raises you on the flop with a draw + pair (or something like that) and then when he misses calls down in spots like this? I can't see him call you down with 67s, especially not with a read on him as solid. I also think that he will bluff a lot more with missed draws than he will call with lesser hands here, and add the fact that your block bet will get raised by a lot players, how can this bet "waste less money"?

In a perfect world, where he will call you down with [censored], where he won't raise you with missed draws etc and where pigs can fly, this bet might be good.

I don't want to act like a jerk or something, but I really don't like block bets at all. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess this is where we disagree. the players i play against dont bluff here with 67 or 57, they call or fold, not fold or raise.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:19 PM

all right, thanks for the discussion, i will take into account the posts and adjust.

-joo