Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Just placed 10 units +4 NYGiants; 10 units Moneyline NYGiants

[ QUOTE ]

Allow me to be your proof that most idiots who follow this way of bankroll management will go bust; Or let me be the exception who is documenting it to share with everyone. Hopefully the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.lol

ROBUSTO coming. Go Giants!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone the OP has a very small unit I would bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Probably $1 or $5 units. I hope for his sake because otherwise he will be broke quickly.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

what difference does it make if he's using $5 or $1,000,000 as a unit?? if he bets 20 units on every game, that's no good...
Old 11-20-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, my bankroll is quite small but it's not small enough to be 1 dollar ro 5 dollar.

At the time the bet was placed, I had 500 dollars in my bankroll and I bet 50 dollars on the ML and NYG+4. I made about a hundred bucks in poker and placed those 100 bucks in 2 NBA games.

Allow me to be your proof that most idiots who follow this way of bankroll management will go bust; Or let me be the exception who is documenting it to share with everyone. Hopefully the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully the latter!!

good luck, brother...

i'm just saying that if you're planning on betting on games often, you need to find a smaller number for your 'regular' games...if you can find a game once a month that warrants betting 10% or more of your bankroll on, go for it.

if $5-$10 bets on 'regular games' isn't enough for you, you probably need a bigger bankroll...

take myturn2raise (i think) for instance...he's been good all year, and then 2 weeks ago goes something like 4-18 on 1 saturday...you'd be completely wiped out if you were betting so high...

the goal is to slowly take a profit. don't chase losses and don't regularly bet more than 5 units on a game unless there is a definite reason...

if you're just looking to make some quick money for something in particular, go for it.

but if you're planning on betting from now on, you HAVE to have bankroll management and discipline...

good luck tonight man, after all my whining, i'm thinking i'll put a small bet on the giants just to tag along with you...
Old 11-20-2006, 08:58 PM

What games do you bet on if not this kind?
Games where it is easier to predict.......
This game could go either way, and I don't think anybody can reliably predict the results - based on injuries for both teams, hf advantage, tiki (??). Obviously all games have such factors, but these teams appear to be evenly matched, due to hf and Giants injuries.
I mean, go out and bet on it. I think it is more sensible to bet the moneyline on a game you are more confident in the results OR betting a game you for which you are predicting the spread and getting good odds on your prediction.
But I don't really know anything, I don't bet on football unless I am in Vegas.
Anyone want to go to Vegas?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:43 PM

i'd like to thank this thread for convincing me to throw two units on the jags.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:44 PM

If he has a 1k unit bankroll, is it really so bad?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a 1k unit bankroll, is it really so bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Otherwise, his bankroll isn't really 1k.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This game is VERY similar to the San Diego - Denver game from last night. It's way TOO close to call.

If Jacksonville shows up, they will win. If they don't, Giants win. Flip your coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what games do you bet? I see you make this same post in almost every NFL thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

See Paperjam's reply to this statement. My sentiments exactly.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 AM

My favorite post is where OP laughs off the concept of a $1 or $5 unit and then informs us that he is in fact betting $5 units.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the goal is to slowly take a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be your goal but that doesn't necessarily make it the goal. People gamble for their own reasons. Not all of them gamble to make a profit. Sometimes they'll make -EV plays just for the action.

You see the same thing in other areas of life. For instance, the casual golfer who's always shooting at the pin. Never mind that he'd score better if he'd shoot for the middle of the green and two-putt. He goes for the stick because one time in five he leaves himself a tap-in and has something to brag about in the clubhouse. He may dump it in the water the other four times and he'll never have a single-digit handicap even though he has the skill, because that's not his goal.