Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Re: San Diego VS Broncos Sunday night

I think SD is one of the few teams in the NFL that you almost try to take. Of course, they're not always going to matchup well w/ every team, and they will have their off days. But SD seems like they always come to play, no matter who they face. Also, their potential for scoring a lot and scoring quickly is obviously a huge plus when they are favored by a big number (which they no doubt will be in a few of their last 6).

Now, that being said, how long before they get burned by digging such a big 1st half hole?
Old 11-20-2006, 01:20 AM

Truth about Denver

A Plummer isn't very good especially when Shanahan puts a muzzle on him.

B Our runningbacks are incredibly overrated. Mike Bell and Nash are scrubs and would be on practice squads on any other team. Tatum Bell is simply a change of pace back.

C Rod Smith needs to retire...he's so slow and can't shaked a CB if his life depended on it.

D Our defense is great against crappy offenses...but average to bad vs. good ones. We have no pass rush unless we do a massive blitz. Lynch sucks in coverage. Darrent Williams isn't that good and will always be picked on by a good QB.

E Mike Shanahan play calling is way to conservative.

F Coyer is a average Def cordinator given he can never seem to make the proper adjustments in a game. He should have been replaced after last year.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think SD is one of the few teams in the NFL that you almost try to take. Of course, they're not always going to matchup well w/ every team, and they will have their off days. But SD seems like they always come to play, no matter who they face.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of that is one reason why Marty takes way more grief than is deserved. Nobody seems to remember how much the Chargers sucked not long ago, or all the other places he's been prior to his arrival for that matter.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Truth about Denver

B Our runningbacks are incredibly overrated. Mike Bell and Nash are scrubs and would be on practice squads on any other team. Tatum Bell is simply a change of pace back.

C Rod Smith needs to retire...he's so slow and can't shaked a CB if his life depended on it.

D Our defense is great against crappy offenses...but average to bad vs. good ones. We have no pass rush unless we do a massive blitz. Lynch sucks in coverage. Darrent Williams isn't that good and will always be picked on by a good QB.

F Coyer is a average Def cordinator given he can never seem to make the proper adjustments in a game. He should have been replaced after last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

M. Bell 20 90 4.5 2 8
D. Nash 10 52 5.2 0 26

Does that look like the stats of guys that aren;t getting the job done to you?

The rest of it I agree with tho. D is overrated, Plummer isn;t very good, recievers, other than walker, appear to suck.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:33 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i went on sportsbetting tilt after the colts lost and bet like 6 units on the chargers after moving the line to chargers +1 for +119 or something. yay comeback!

rj
Old 11-20-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Truth about Denver

[/ QUOTE ]

M. Bell 20 90 4.5 2 8
D. Nash 10 52 5.2 0 26

Does that look like the stats of guys that aren;t getting the job done to you?

The rest of it I agree with tho. D is overrated, Plummer isn;t very good, recievers, other than walker, appear to suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a result of the o-line...not the RB. Ron Dayne/JJ Arrington/Mike Anderson etc would all put up similar numbers...

The problem is when a team makes adjustments or the O-line doesn't open a huge hole the current backs can't do anything on their own. Both Bell and Nash have been inactive several weeks this year when fully healthy.
A solid RB would always be starting..its musical chairs in Denver hoping that the oline will be enought to offset the lack of talent.

Ron Dayne/Mike Bell/Nash/Quentin Grifith etc etc..these are all backs that nobody ever heard of who looked great in some games but then vanished in others...

Neither Mike Bell or Nash will be on the roster next year...they'll be replaced by some new supposed discover by the coaching staff.

Tatum Bell is actually a pretty good back but he wears down at about the 18/19th carry and he has always been plagued by injuries. So he's more of a change of pace type guy...not a stud RB you can run out the clock with.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ron Dayne/Mike Bell/Nash/Quentin Grifith etc etc..these are all backs that nobody ever heard of who looked great in some games but then vanished in others...

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever happend to quentin grifith? He was a sooner right? I thought he was going to be a decent back, and at worst a good backup in the league.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:15 AM

he's out of the league lol..once he left the bronco's he never could make a team anywhere else

again...like i said..its the o'line.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:35 AM

Tonight I bet SD +3; over 42. Won both bets and for this week, I went 8-2. ( stupid colts and seahawks.) Not a bad week 11. heh
Old 11-20-2006, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it were 3 or more, I wouldn't particularly like it, but I feel good taking Denver at home. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as I predicted, this game was totally unpredicatable. All over the map. I wouldn't have been surprised if Denver had won. I'm not surprised San Diego pulled off another UNBELIEVABLE comeback.

It wasn't a +EV game to bet.