Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Results: No suprise here.

the real question is will Roc slow down when he gets a raise on the turn. If so, then I like the turn call and raising any innocent river.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the real question is will Roc slow down when he gets a raise on the turn. If so, then I like the turn call and raising any innocent river.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is aggressive but not retarded. I am reasonably certain he folds straight away with air in this spot. If he was on tilt (which he wasn't yet) he might 3 bet or randomly checkraise the river.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Because of your thinking I like the way you played it. Super Aggro idiot donkeys like myself sometimes envy self-control such as this. However, BK's explanation of why his way is better actually's outweighs your metagame priniciples. Although, this is just my opinion and I have never been so impressed by a straight call-down line. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One small thing I might add, is that I do not know Roc, and I have never played with him to my knowledge. But...my guess is, through the description of his play, is that he considers tightness and passivity to both be very weak and equates both with bad play. Because this was your first hand, he might attribute your flat call down to you not understanding the hand, what he was thinking, etc. This could lead to you gaining an advantage to him later in the session if he drastically underestimates your play.

You suggested the metagame of this play could lead to him easing back the pressure on you later in play, but I am suggesting that this will also give you ample room to run intricate bluff bets and raises on him later in the session. You probably also realize this; I imagine the reason that BK gets paid off in so many spots is that he makes these marginal raises and keeps Roc guessing. By making this flat call play, I hope you used it the rest of the session, and if you did I imagine that even through cries of "he won't fold", he actually might fold to you, just not players he suspects of stealing like mike l. and BK. Did this happen? Did it work? I imagine Roc going to war with BK, but not playing back at you as much, all the while wondering why BK was.

I'm just glad I only took one or two lines to get my incredibly simple points and questions across.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You suggested the metagame of this play could lead to him easing back the pressure on you later in play, but I am suggesting that this will also give you ample room to run intricate bluff bets and raises on him later in the session. You probably also realize this; I imagine the reason that BK gets paid off in so many spots is that he makes these marginal raises and keeps Roc guessing. By making this flat call play, I hope you used it the rest of the session, and if you did I imagine that even through cries of "he won't fold", he actually might fold to you, just not players he suspects of stealing like mike l. and BK. Did this happen? Did it work? I imagine Roc going to war with BK, but not playing back at you as much, all the while wondering why BK was.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the idea. I was setting up later bluffs and I do think that I was breaking his rhythm. I unfortunately didn't get the chance to find out if my plan was going to work since mike wanted to give DD a shot. I only played for around 45 minutes. Apparently I wasn't losing fast enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]