Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Anyone Ever Murdered?

[ QUOTE ]
What I really wonder is if there is anyone on this forum, who has actually gotten away with a murder. Not an accident related killing, I'm talking a flat out MURDER.

Obviously they would never post about it tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2006, 01:23 PM

Well, I can't answer your question since there is no 'statue of limitations' on murder. Sorry
Old 11-13-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I really wonder is if there is anyone on this forum, who has actually gotten away with a murder. Not an accident related killing, I'm talking a flat out MURDER.

Obviously they would never post about it tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to solicit a Tom Leykis-esque confession?

Story
Old 11-13-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...'statue of limitations'...

[/ QUOTE ]

???
Old 11-13-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from what i know, it was a Mexican gang member, the kid had a knife, and my friend keeps one of those 4 d cell battery mag lights in the little compartment of the door, so as he is getting out, he grabs it so the guy cant see it, as the guy is ducking into the car, my friend winds up and nails the dude, this is what Im told, I don't know what was said in court or to the authorities etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet that he beat the charge. I would have expected him to be executed and the family of the carjacker getting a huge settlement from the state. Maybe I just hear about too many outliers involving thieves getting paid damages when they hurt or kill themselves while robbing you and/or threatening your life.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:15 PM

I dunno why but I wonder if any of the twoplustwoers who are in law enforcement or have done time in Iraq have killed anyone.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:29 PM

Wasn't it big steve that had a tale of killing somebody in his garage or something?

OP wouldn't have been around for that.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:00 PM

i killed a man once. it was a dark overcast night and the moon was blood red, i knew someone was going to die. i could smell the death in the air as i strolled into the bar and ordered a whiskey. the was a stranger in the corner, i had never seen the like of man of his stature before. he was breathing heavily and it filled the eerie silence as stood and all conversations stopped. it was then that i knew he was looking for a fight and i was just the man to do it. i had recently lost my wife and no longer had the desire to live. i was angry at the world and questioning the existence of a higher power. it was here and now that i knew i would find peace at long last through a violent clash with the stranger.
he moved quickly towards me, and as i dodged his initial flurry of attacks, I drew out my katana sword that was concealed in my long trench coat and slashed at his arm, cutting off his left hand. it was there that i saw the mechanical arm of the stranger. he was more machine then man and it was all clear to me now, this man, this machine, was a warrior like no other and it would take everything in my power to win this fight. i closed my eyes and drew upon the force, focusing all my energy to win this battle. i dumped my sword in favor of my lightsaber, a much more elegant weapon. the stranger then drew his lightsaber out as well and the battle for life began. the details of the fight are fuzzy memories at best. i ended the battle by stabbing my saber through my shoulder and into the strangers chest just before he was about to strike me down. i now have my own mechanical arm and is a reminder of this once deadly fight.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:06 PM

I'd never done a crazy thing in my life before that night. Why is it that when a man kills another man in battle, it's called heroic; but if a man kills another man in the heat of passion, it's called murder?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 PM

My dad's best friend most likely murdered his sister about 11 or 12 years ago. From what I hear, his sister was a real bitch and not many people missed her after she was gone. This seems to be why the police didn't pursue it as diligently as they do most other murders.

When she got murdered, my dad's friend (let's call him Joe) was the primary suspect. They didn't have a body or a murder weapon, though, and just not enough evidence in general to prosecute, so nothing came of it for a long time. And like I mentioned above, they just kind of gave up and the case was closed for all intents and purposes.

Fast forward to about a year and a half ago. The police found Joe's sister's body (well, more precisely, they finally managed to identify a body they found a decade ago as hers after all this time). The body had apparently been dumped in the Gulf of Mexico and washed up on shore. I'm not sure exactly why it took them so long to identify the body, but it just did. In any case, Joe is a pilot for a major airline and was apparently in the area around the time the body was dumped. He has also repeatedly said that he's glad she's dead. And there was a decent amount of evidence pointing to him in the first place (remember he was the primary suspect when the investigation first started a decade or so ago).

Well anyway, Joe lives in Missouri and they suspect he murdered her at his house then flew out over the Gulf and dumped her body. Since he's a pilot, it's not inconceivable he'd have access to a plane to be able to do this. Anyway, the fact that her body was discovered down south somewhere and Joe's sister lived in and was most likely murdered in Missouri makes it an inter-state crime and so the FBI got involved. The investigation was reopened, and when Joe heard about this he got quite nervous and was pretty much a wreck for the next couple weeks. The FBI promptly came and confiscated a bunch of stuff of Joe's for evidence. This was on a Thursday or Friday.

After the FBI came, Joe pretty much planned to go to jail. His lawyer told him they were going to run some tests to try to match blood on some of his farm equipment with that of his sister, and when they did they'd come arrest him. His lawyer said it would most likely happen early the next week, possibly as soon as Monday. He spent the weekend trying to get his financials in place - giving his wife and daughter what money he could, arranging for the farm he owns to close, giving people instructions on how to sell his stuff after he was gone, etc. It doesn't seem that an innocent man would be so resigned to going to prison, so that alone seems quite suspicious.

But the FBI never came back for him and won't tell him where the investigation stands. They are still holding onto all his belongings that they took during the investigation, including a couple cars. On top of the $50K+ stuff of his they took, he's spent a load of money on his lawyer.

That's pretty much where it stands now. We're 99% sure he did it, but it's all a don't ask, don't tell type deal for obvious legal reasons.

What kind of cracks me up about it is that my dad is a pretty straight-laced guy. He's 70 now, doesn't really drink and never has, goes to church on Sundays, etc etc. But when you talk about Joe possibly murdering his sister, my dad goes "well, I don't know if Joe did it or not, but if he did I'm sure he had a good reason. Joe's not the type of guy who will just murder somebody for no reason." While my dad's comments are pretty funny (at least to me), he does have a point. Joe really is a pretty decent guy (to the extent that murderers cam be "decent guys") and I'd have to say that even were I to find out today with 100% certainty that he murdered his sister, I'd neither want him to go to prison for it nor would I feel the least bit uncomfortable hanging out around him.

In any case, that's the closest to a murder I think I've been.