Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: New player choice : Limit or No Limit (special case)

I would play the lowest game of each. Play for x number of hands, then see which one you enjoy most. I did find playing limit and tourneys helped my nl cash game play. I kind of bounced around trying to figure out what I want to play for cash games.

First it was sngs mixed with some $25nl cash games. Then it was limit, now I think I've found a home with $10NL 6 max and mtts. I'm still new and wish I hadn't started at partypoker where they don't have super micro stakes for nonbeginners. I would start at pokerstars, play the lowest games, prepare to lose money, post hands, read books, and decide which game is best for you.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:39 AM

memrorizing the starting hand chart, continue with top pair or better and good draw, with bonus no one can lose at micro limit. Why wasting time developing bad habit through those fake game? When someone bet you at turn, after counting outs you decide to fold , he turn out ten-high, what do you learn? people bluff very often?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:47 PM

I assume you are talking about Texas HOldem, no?

Play Both, that's how i learned how to play... Both equally help to develop your game. YOu pick up things in each game, that you might not have learned in the other...