Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Stars $150. TPWK vs. a maniac

General Info:
~650 runners. dont remember exactly.
~early on, only in the 3rd level blinds 25/50.
I have 1600 chips.

Reads:
<u>UTG-</u>(2125 chips) A complete maniac for first 15-20 hands. I have not played with him before, his name was Kid something. He has raised preflop atleast 3/4 of the hands, and every hand but one or two he has made a c-bet attempt at the flop. Hes increased his stack pretty good so far. The last hand he had 58o o the button folded to him, he raised 3x the bb, called only by the SB. the SB led into a 34T flop, maniac raised, SB folded, and he showed down his bluff.
Cliffnotes: Maniac. Crazy.
<u>BB-</u> (1400) Has only entered 2 pots so far, one was in the BB where he checked. He could be card dead, but I would assume hes a pretty conservative player.

Hand:

UTG raises to 125, folded to me in the SB, I call 100 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB calls 75.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets 150, Hero?

Note: Preflop can be argued for a raise or a fold. Although its not the meat of the discussion, you can argue it.