Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Re: D WADE

i didn't really read any of these replies but i'm just glad i'm not the only one who thinks dwade is overrated
Old 11-09-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. The faith on earth commerical.... he says ERF multiple times, he cannot make a proper TH sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good #2, because it really hammers home your point that he is an overrated basketball player.

He's not, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe next comes a thread about how Avery Johnson is a terrible coach because of his funny voice. Or perhaps Mike Tyson's speech impediment makes him an overrated boxer.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GKA - Howard before Wade? What in hte hell man? Is that a troll or something?

All - With regards to Wade getting fouls, ALL GREAT PLAYERS GET EXTREME HELP FROM THE REFS!!!! Wade gets no more preference than any other NBA star.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your second point is pretty accurate.... I mean c'mon people, remember Michael? Karl Malone? They got calls like crazy.

GKA is both right and wrong with his point. Howard SHOULD go before Wade. A player of his caliber at his position is more valuable than a top 3 2-guard, when there are a lot of very productive 2-guards just below Wade's abilities. However, a lot of GMs would fail to realize this, and go, "ZOMG D-WADE"... and maybe it would make sense, because a lot of fans would probably think the same thing, and be pissed at the GM if they passed on him.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are failing to realize all top swing players do these things.

Last year, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Pierce all averaged 10+ FTA per game. This is the norm for a super star swing man. Wade is no different.

[/ QUOTE ]This is the norm for any player that attacks the basket. What bothers me about Wade, and its the same thing with Manu, they sell it so fervently. It does bother me. But here's the problem, in the NBA, fouls are called quite often when the ref "thinks" there is contact. If he sees someone like Wade, Kobe, etc go to the rim, and fall to the ground, regardless of whethere there was a foul, it gets called. Its a shrewd play by the SG, but I think people need to be aware of whats really happening here.

BTW, I really don't want to like Wade because what I described above really bothers me, but I can't dislike him. He's too good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel mostly the same way. I really hate Manu, but let Wade get away with it. A big part of it,though, is that little whiney frickin' face of Manu. Ugh I wish the Spurs weren't so unlikable, because I like the talent they have.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:31 PM

The superstar foul thing is pretty much a joke. If you read the article in SI last year. It shows that most of the players only get fouled a ton because they have the ball a ton. Thus, the guy who actually got fouled the most per touch was Danny Fortson last year to about mid season (or this is what I can remember). Yes all these players do get a lot of calls, but I don't think theres any blatant "superstar" pass to get those type of players more calls.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dishonest how?

[/ QUOTE ]

because last years' Pistons have absolutely 0 in commum with the team that beat the Lakers, they played horribly through last years' playoff.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:46 PM

Horribly, how so. Defensively they were still good. Offensively they weren't the same.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horribly, how so. Defensively they were still good. Offensively they weren't the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

they were better defensively, that doesn't mean they were particularly good or looked as dominant as they did against the Lakers.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Downgrade in coaching as well.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:03 PM

So Miami's Wade played significantly better than Kobe. Both teams were made up similarly. All I'm saying is Wade played better versus Detroit than Kobe did. I guess if you want to take it as some sort of insult to Kobe then so be it, but the reason they beat Detroit last year was b/c of Wade and O'neal and not much else significantly.