Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Most shocking/outrageous incident in your dorm

This happend at the dorm I was living in while at LSU twenty-five years ago.

My friend and I left one evening and went to the woods and shot some squirles and rabbits. We took them back to the dorm and cut them up in the shower. Blood was spattered on the wall and smeared across the floor like a body was dragged. We left a bloody butcher in the shower. Some time later the campus police was investicating a grusom murder scene. The rumors were spread around months afterwards.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:47 AM

reading all these stories I am quite happy I am going to a commuter college
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine who lives in the flat beside mine walked out of his room yesterday morning to see someone eating breakfast in the hall proclaiming that it "smelt funny" in the kitchen.

My friend walks into the kitchen and makes his way towards the smell... Someone had crapped beside the radiator in the corner, complete with splatter action over the wall(s). Apparently they're going to have to pay a fine between £500-£1000 (shared by 12 people).

We have been at this University for one month.

Does anyone have a story worse than this?

[/ QUOTE ]

are u in warwick uni by any chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Queen's Belfast, but I have a friend who goes to Warwick.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:01 PM

I don't know about shocking or outrageous, but there was the time my roomate (who, it seemed, was almost always on LSD) took his motorcylce apart to polish the intake ports. (Always finding ways to 'improve' things. The insights, he got straight from God)

This was the week after he took my stereo's speakers apart, and cut up my water ballon slingshot, in order to suspend the speakers, acoustically isolated from the building structure, at the 'optimum nodal frequency points' of our room.

Which was several weeks before a bunch of us walked in on him just as he was about to touch off the next step in his progression of studying combustion physics. This one had him drilling a small hole in a glass beer bottle to insert an oxygen tube, putting a small amount of lighter fluid in the bottom and opening the valve on the oxygen bottle. A strong FFOOMP!, and us berating him for an idiot. 'Not me' said he, as he picked up the beer bottle.

Leaving the bottom of the bottle on the floor. The stress had been just strong enough to break the bottle at the point where he had drilled the hole, without sending shards into his face, which had been about a foot away when he applied the match.

We got a visit from the RA when he reached the point of mixing oxygen and propane in stochiometric proportions in a ballon, and causing the bedsprings to vibrate. Something about "nervous complaints from some of the other dorm dwellers".

Last I saw, he was working at the Applied Physics LAb at the U of W.

Regards

Gar
Old 11-10-2006, 05:07 PM

good looking girl i didn't know walks into my room late at night, takes off her pants, sits on the sink and takes a piss
Old 11-10-2006, 09:15 PM

A kid was walking around outside with toilet paper wrapped around his whole body. I don't know why.

Drunk kid comes up behind him and lights the TP on fire. Hilarity/horror ensues for the next 10 seconds.

Drunk kid gets arrested about 3 minutes later.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:45 PM

I went to louisiana Tech, in the male dorms we had a 'phantom shitter'

Someone would randomly [censored] in the stairwells.

A worse thing happened though come to think of it.

The honors dorms were fairly old, and all the electrical outlets didn't really have any grounds. An electrical fire ensued. Many of the windows were nailed shut, and for some people to get out they had to bust the windows open by throwing a chair through or something. The fire alarms were not loud enough, if you had your door shut you could not hear them.

My friend was coming down the stairs during the fire, and a policeman stopped him and asked him if his roommate was out yet, my friend said no, and the cop told him to go back into the smoke filled hallway and 'go get him'

The Dean of student affairs was outside the dorm and immediatly made an announcement that they were not responsible for any damages to peoples belongings. This is while they are putting a few people in ambulances due to smoke inhalation. How nice of him!

He also believed that this was not important enough to wake the president of the university up. I mean you just had a fire where people had to go to the hospital, and they were very lucky noone got killed. But, it obviously isn't that important.

Several people sued, and even though They did sign a paper saying that the University was not responsible for any damages incurred, they won because the Fire Marshall's inspection turned up gross negligence by the university. What is worse is that until you have 60 hours as a female or 80 hours as a male, you are required to live in the dorms if your parents don't live within a mileage of the university.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:25 AM

What is worse is that until you have 60 hours as a female or 80 hours as a male, you are required to live in the dorms if your parents don't live within a mileage of the university.
-lol sweet school
Old 11-11-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is worse is that until you have 60 hours as a female or 80 hours as a male, you are required to live in the dorms if your parents don't live within a mileage of the university.
-lol sweet school

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno why they discriminate based on sex, but I'm one of those people that believes living in the dorm for a least a year is part of going to college.

That's definatly gross negligence too, hope they got some money.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:52 PM

Dave,

This was 3 years ago, so it might have changed now. However the reason for this was that there are no coed dorms, and they kept running out of space for female students, so they started putting 3 women in a 2 person dorm room.