Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Re: GOP OVERPLAYED HAND WITH GAMBLING BILL

Take this to Politics.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:55 PM

Generally speaking, anyone who has become financially successful leans towards voting Republican. Most Americans, when they first get the right to vote, will vote Democrat because the Republicans want to force their moral views down everyone's throat with legislation.

Eventually the financial considerations will turn these voters to the Republican side. I have only voted for a handful of Democrats in the past 20 years and I have made every effort to sway my son and his friends to make an early jump from Democrat to Republican.

However, with the Republicans now stomping on personal liberties by allowing Homeland Security data to be used against Americans obviously not involved with terrorism, blocking stem cell research, slowly eliminating abortion rights which mean women will be seeking out unsafe alternatives, and trying to eliminate online gambling which means the players will be seeking out alternative funding which will be less secure, I am doubting my own views.

What makes it even worse is the Republicans tried to utterly destroy Bill Clinton when he had an affair with a woman of legal age yet they chase boys below the legal age of consent. What kind of message is this sending? Whatever happened to the old political mantra: "Your position is secure as long as you are not found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy"?

Even so I can not just blindly vote Democrat. I will vote for every Libertarian candidate that is presented as a choice and write in Mike Caro for every office where the only option is Democrat or Republican.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 PM

The real problem is the two-party system.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Generally speaking, anyone who has become financially successful leans towards voting Republican. Most Americans, when they first get the right to vote, will vote Democrat because the Republicans want to force their moral views down everyone's throat with legislation.

Eventually the financial considerations will turn these voters to the Republican side. I have only voted for a handful of Democrats in the past 20 years and I have made every effort to sway my son and his friends to make an early jump from Democrat to Republican.

However, with the Republicans now stomping on personal liberties by allowing Homeland Security data to be used against Americans obviously not involved with terrorism, blocking stem cell research, slowly eliminating abortion rights which mean women will be seeking out unsafe alternatives, and trying to eliminate online gambling which means the players will be seeking out alternative funding which will be less secure, I am doubting my own views.

What makes it even worse is the Republicans tried to utterly destroy Bill Clinton when he had an affair with a woman of legal age yet they chase boys below the legal age of consent. What kind of message is this sending? Whatever happened to the old political mantra: "Your position is secure as long as you are not found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy"?

Even so I can not just blindly vote Democrat. I will vote for every Libertarian candidate that is presented as a choice and write in Mike Caro for every office where the only option is Democrat or Republican.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir.

I have never felt so alienated by the republican party, yet the fact of the matter is, the democratic platform is "attack what the republicans are doing, then figure out what to do once we get in office." I think it's safe to say that over the last 8 years, politics has polarized where the extreme left and the extreme right are running everything, and the majority of us are in the middle, just trying to live our lives. I [censored] hated that pussy John McCain for jumping ship on the republicans awhile ago in the so-called "gang of 14," and i hated how he exploited baseball's steroid problem to make legislation and put his face everywhere, but maybe this is what we need. A middle of the road guy that can actually straddle the fence. Keep us secure from the people trying to blow us up, let the gays marry, let women abort, and resonably protect personal freedoms in the dangerous new world we live in.

and this thread did take a political turn....probably was never good for nvg to begin with.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
obv noone knows who nancy pelosi is. If you want someone who hates america running the country, vote democrat because that is what is at stake. This could be the second worst thing that could possibly happen to this country, only to hilary clinton getting in office. I will [censored] move to sweden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she'll probably start trying to do all sorts of unamerican things like infringing on free speech, right to privacy, protection from illegal search and seizures, and getting us involved in an incredibly costly, inefficient war that will only serve to kill many thousands of americans while basically accomplishing nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh, sir LMAO
Old 11-06-2006, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yet the fact of the matter is, the democratic platform is "attack what the republicans are doing, then figure out what to do once we get in office

[/ QUOTE ]
i stopped reading here
Old 11-06-2006, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
obv noone knows who nancy pelosi is. If you want someone who hates america running the country, vote democrat because that is what is at stake. This could be the second worst thing that could possibly happen to this country, only to hilary clinton getting in office. I will [censored] move to sweden.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, i know Nancy Pelosi hates America...that's obvious. But we're not voting in CA...do all democrats hate america? or is it just that with nancy as speaker, they will be powerless to thwart her plans?

For those that don't live in CA, Nancy Pelosi actually campaigns here on two slogans:
1) I Hate America, and
2) San Francisco Views (proper pronunciation involves a stereotypically gay lisp, and prolongation of 'views'.

On a related matter...does the south still want to seccede? I know it seemed like a bad idea at the time, but...
Old 11-06-2006, 05:49 AM

I really don't follow politics at all but John McCain has been against online gambling since there has been online gambling so I know have any idea what you're talking about saucy.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:23 AM

All democrats hate America because they're undercover aliens, pretending they enjoy living in the US.

All republicans love America because God tells them we are the greatest. Republicans can talk directly to God, it's quite a perk.

In 2008 I'm voting Eric Molina for president, because he IS God.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:09 PM

JDalla,

lol. nice post.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... as opposed to the Democrats who want to force their moral views down.... everyone's throat with.... legislation...