Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Frat \"Hood\" party

[ QUOTE ]
Fruit Basket,

Big hoop earings. Not really a hallmark of just the black community any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

dids,

good one.

dids 1. bwana 0.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:16 PM

A couple weeks ago at Illinois there was a 'fiesta' exchange where the guys dressed up wore sombreros and panchos and claimed to be farmers/illegal aliens/lawnmowers and the girls dressed up as mexican [censored] (standard for an exchange), but some of them pretended to be pregnant.

It was a pretty big deal and both the fraternity and sorority got their social schedules cancelled for the rest of the year I think.

But I've been to a ghetto fab party and it was pretty fun, but there were also black people there. Does that make it okay?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:16 PM

A copy of the description of the party on facebook:

XXXXX XXXXX cordially invites you to this delightful gaeity in honor of the last day of October, held in the exquisite metropolis paradise that we affectionally refer to as the "mother-f*cking ghetto," aka "the hood" or as I liek to cll it, "the hiv pit."

Refreshments include Foie Gras, Belgian Caviar, and Cambodian Breast Milk.

Ornate antique bathtubs full of Evian and Perrier will be provided for your bathing pleasure.

Admission to this bonanza is contingent on appropriate accoutrement - regional clothing from our locale is reccomended. These include, but are not limit to, fur coats, copious amounts of so-called "bling bling ice ice," grills, hoochie hoops, white Tee's and Air Force Onez.

There will be special "accolades" to those attired in the most conniving and despicable outfits.

XXXX XXXX would like you to know that he does not condone or advocate racism, facism, communism, consumerism, capitalism, terrorism, organism(s), sexism, womanism, [word for cum], or any other -ism's.

For the record, we would like to thank for founding fathers for incorporating the first amendment into the venerable Bill of Rights, and Jonnie L. Cochran for being a true homie and getting Orenthal Simpson, commonly known as OJ, acquitted.

ps we STILL don't discriminate against hoodrats, skig skags, or scallywhops.

cordially,
me

--------
The same guy then made two comments (he's asian btw)
Let's talk about Chinese people! With their kung-fu and all that silly ching-chang-chong talk! I can't understand you! Go back to yer country! White power!

and

Interestingly enough I opened my facebook this morning to find that I was a racist.

Deep down inside, I've always known I was a racist. From a young and tender age I've harbored great hatred for my own race: despising the omnipresence of rice, chopsticks, and fish. And then when I was five my mom told me I was a quarter black, and I became a self-loathing blasian.

I've been burning crosses and attending rallies ever since.

I'd just like everyone to know that I hate all of you. I dont even know you, and I hate you.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:19 PM

I see a lot of white people in "the hood" who wear bling-bling and what not.

Hood isn't a reference to race, it's a reference to a socioeconomical/geographical status.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:20 PM

Also, there is very much a groupthink mentality in a lot of frats. I was in one in college and have been involved (but not after what those little [censored] pulled in Jacksonville last weekend, I'll post a trip report if OOT is interested although there is a great chance one of them reads these boards and will figure out who I am, anyway, /tangent)since I graduated 8 years ago.

Sometimes the louder, more charismatic and powerful voices drown out the more intelligent voices of reason. Then you end up with situations like this one. Plus frats are not cohesive well-run units. They are pods of guys and many times guys make bad decisions that effect the whole house without a single thought about the broader consequences of those decisions.

If I had to guess, the skeleton was a result of the groupthink or just some random dipsh!t that thought it might be funny.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see a lot of white people in "the hood" who wear bling-bling and what not.

Hood isn't a reference to race, it's a reference to a socioeconomical/geographical status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... no.

We all know exactly what we're talking about here, don't be intentionally obtuse.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:22 PM

w/ the OJ reference, and the dave chapelle klan skit reference, he's either racist or retarded. take your pick.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:24 PM

Wow, that facebook entry is bad. OK, my mind is made up.

I was in the "over-sensitive PC" crowd at first, but these morons deserve what they get.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's either racist or retarded. take your pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on his terrible "apology" and the fact that when I saw the kid today on campus he was wearing a nice suit and sunglasses inside the library, I'm gonna say he's a retard.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, apparently the NAACP is planning on suing the university unless proper action is taken so I dunno what's really up with all this as of now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marvin L. ‘Doc’ Cheatham, Sr. is a moron. The hanging thing and comments deserves condemnation, but the Baltimore chapter of the NAACP has long been a mockery of itself, doing little more than pandering to Baltimore black community's divisive and irrational overplaying of the race card at every opportunity. Its as if they believe they have to mobilize their base by trumping up "racism" wherever and whenever they can, instead of focusing on obvious and far greater problems that are apparent to anyone who has ever set foot downtown, much less the west side.

Racism is horrible, but in many respects its perpetuated by the historical victims of racism who continually claim its everywhere they look. Nothing of any public or political significance in Baltimore can ever be free of a racism angle, and that is a shame. Yes racism exists in Baltimore, but its prevalence is overstated and fueled by those who ultimately suffer the most from it.