Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 57s, rather deep stacked , $200 buy in Live MTT

If I raise the flop, it would only be if I was prepared to four bet push and that would depend on situational factors, specifically how I think this play, by me, would be perceived by villain.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:11 PM

The flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB leads for 250, Hero calls 250, SB calls 250. (pot is now 1200)

The turn is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets 800, Hero?

SB checked with a pained look on his face, whether it was a Marlon Brando act or not I wasn't sure, although I was leaning towards it being real. BB lead out almost immediatley after the SB checked. Was a little lost, as there are many options and routes I could go with this hand now. I'm not sure what the SB would call and check the turn with, but I thought it was either a slowplay or a draw. The BB had a very wide range, here, obviously, and this could be anything from the nuts to a stone cold bluff.

Flat Call? Raise? Fold?

Also, for those who haven't posted yet, feel free to still give your input on the flop.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:26 PM

I think because of the call on the flop you have resigned yourself to just calling the turn.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 PM

flop action

i'd raise to 600...

it helps to give credit to your well disguised hand. You are still not abandoning the image of a big pair here by putting in a raise on the flop.

if i get 3 bet then i'd have to evaluate the player/situation a lil more carefully.

given how you've played it....i guess i'd just call on the turn- i think by not raising the flop you've made it pretty evident to the bb what kind of a hand you have. if you call t he turn and are headsup there are quite a few cards you can absolutely bang the river with to still win a big pot.

as far as the brando act he's giving- assume that weak means strong until shown otherwise- i think this furthers your argument for calling.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 PM

I make a big raise, around pot.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think because of the call on the flop you have resigned yourself to just calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]You don't think we have any FE here? 56s is very consistent with the action thus far. And if we get called, we still have a ton of outs.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 PM

SB could be Hollywooding a set or overpair, and reluctant to let the FD get there cheaply.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I think calling the turn is not good - I don't think a fold is bad here because I am convinced at this point that hero is behind somebody and his hand plays much better heads up than 3 ways on almost every river. I think with position I raise to $2500 and fold to a push from either SB or BB. I think hero is up against a better hand and a better draw a lot here and I really want one or both of them to fold. Even if BB calls he will check a lot of rivers letting hero decide whether to showdown or value bet based on the river card
Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You don't think we have any FE here? 56s is very consistent with the action thus far. And if we get called, we still have a ton of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have FE because of stack sizes here, but, I think raising the flop is a much better play and possibly gets SB to fold and my get BB to 3 bet to about 4 or 5k. This allows us to 4 bet all in.

However, by just calling the flop and letting SB hang around we have made it more difficult to raise someone off of a hand on the turn. SB might fold to a turn raise, but BB will most likely stick around and maybe even reraise us. If the SB is as straight forward as OP states, he should be folding a lot of hands except sets and combo draws. Same goes for the BB, but we know he likes to be tricky and getting him to fold will be much more difficult.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB checked with a pained look on his face, whether it was a Marlon Brando act or not I wasn't sure, although I was leaning towards it being real.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be very very very very wary of this.