Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Epassporte

[ QUOTE ]
This fee applies when you load your account with a credit card of from your bank account. It does not apply when you transfer money in from a poker site. A winning player need not not worry about this fee.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is only true if you keep enough money online to cover almost all possible variance. In other words, way too much money online where it doesn't earn any interest and is at substantial risk of being stolen or lost in a bankruptcy.

Not to mention the many sites that take ePassporte deposits but don't allow ePassporte withdrawals.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Load/Reload Fee $5 per $100 or portion thereof

[/ QUOTE ]

This fee applies when you load your account with a credit card of from your bank account. It does not apply when you transfer money in from a poker site. A winning player need not not worry about this fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but you have to load it at some point.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:55 AM

if you play often it makes sense to keep the $ at a top quality site like fulltilt.

every major site i have played at that took epassporte took it for both deposits and withdrawals.

the origional question was about fulltilt, why not use the bank account for deposits until the next changes occur, and epassporte for withdrawals?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Right, but you have to load it at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally loaded it with $100 when I opened my account. Haven't had any need for loading after that, as I've funded it from my poker accounts since then.

The 5% fee is an issue if you must load your account with large sums from credit cards or bank accounts, as Stellar Wind pointed out.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
every major site i have played at that took epassporte took it for both deposits and withdrawals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I was too hasty in saying many because I only looked at sites of personal interest.

Absolute Poker is an example of a major site that accepts ePassporte deposits but does not appear to allow withdrawals. That's really awkward when you need to deposit a thousand or two every week to keep the bonuses flowing.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I was too hasty in saying many because I only looked at sites of personal interest.

Absolute Poker is an example of a major site that accepts ePassporte deposits but does not appear to allow withdrawals. That's really awkward when you need to deposit a thousand or two every week to keep the bonuses flowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars doesn't allow either and this pisses me off.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars doesn't allow either and this pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I sent an email to Stars several days ago asking about Epassporte. They said it was something they would look at adding.

While it doesn't appear that Neteller will pull the plug on Americans soon---after the events of the past month, it seems anything can happen. Would like to have Epassporte usable at every site we can still play at.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:49 AM

ePassporte contact info from their website:

[ QUOTE ]
Cardholder Services can be contacted as follows::

International and US: 1 (310) 301-2001
International and US Fax : 1 (310) 564-1751

[/ QUOTE ]
Area code 310 is in the Los Angeles, California metro area. Sounds like maybe ePassporte hasn't really thought this through yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Merchant/Business Account Holders Only: For account inquiries, questions and/or concerns call us at:
Tel : 1 (416) 703-7200

[/ QUOTE ]
Area code 416 includes Toronto, ON, Canada. I guess that's an improvement but I still think they would be a lot better off in St. Kitts and Nevis next to their issuing bank.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
straight from their fees page.

[ QUOTE ]
Load/Reload Fee $5 per $100 or portion thereof

[/ QUOTE ]

The annual for the electron is listed as 35. Maybe it used to be $5 per deposit but it looks like new accounts read differently.

[/ QUOTE ]
I opened a new ePassporte account recently and linked it to a bank account.

I loaded $300 into my account and waited the required seven business days. There is now $295 in my account. They only took $5 for the whole transaction, not $5 per $100.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:33 AM

Bottomline, Epassporte sucks.