Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Re: \"THIS IS MY DESTINY\"

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else here ever made it up on that stage?? <font color="purple"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it was you
Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after realizing she's behind, started rallying the crowd for a 3 outter.

"LET ME HEAR A Q,........Q, Q, Q, Q, Q!"

best part was, the crowd wasn't really into her so probably 3 to 4 people cheered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slight misquote.

She said, "I believe in a Queen. DO YOU BELIEVE IN A QUEEN? BELIEVE IN A QUEEN! QUEEN! QUEEN!"

Praying for a three-outer after playing so piss-poor *was* awkward and I wish I had the gumption to turn off my TV and jump around the room.

Also, how about Kelli's min-raise PF in the JTo hand against Vanessa? With the blinds at 3k/6k and a 1k ante (15k in the pot), Vanessa raises to 15k on the button with 77. With the pot now at 30k, Kelli goes "I'm gonna reraise" and really puts Vanessa to the test by making it... THIRTY TO GO! Yes, now Vanessa is put to a major decision -- should she call another 15k into a 45k pot in position with a pocket pair? Hmmm...

Then the flop totally misses Kelli. She bets out, gets raised, and then tanks for an hour... "I'm trying to decide if this is the one." Yes. Jack-high is the one, baby.

She calls, then the turn checks through. She fires out the K river on a bluff, but only 60k into a 200k pot. Vanessa's only problem is she thought she was playing against a reasonable opponent. So she folds and they make it look like Kelli made some awesome play. Hint: she didn't.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else here ever made it up on that stage?? <font color="purple"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Results-oriented. Winning one charity event over one weekend at the Bike does not a great player make. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Oh that reminds me -- how about Kelli checking "her option" from the small blind. "Um, you need to complete the bet, raise, or fold." "Oh sorry, I call."
Old 10-31-2006, 02:10 AM

I remember a post in BBV once where someone went all in every single hand in a SNG, won the whole thing in like 10 minutes.

Clearly they had a great strategy, they won after all. Plus their hourly rate was much better.

Seriously though,

I am f'ing sick of this "defend X by pointing out the critic hasn't done X"

this is a total load.

People do this all the time, we have all seen movies that are terrible, heard songs that are awful, and seen sports players who are terrible

but not everyone is a producer, musician, or NFL player.

So if a doctor botches a surgery and kills someone, can they just say "Well how many operations have YOU performed???"

NO they can't, different people are held to different standards. It's perfectly fair to hold someone playing poker on nationally broadcast TV to higher standards than some random joe in a $5 home game
Old 10-31-2006, 03:29 PM

why do they keep calling all those women pro when its clear none of them really is( not even j tilla the killa!!11)
Old 11-02-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do they keep calling all those women pro when its clear none of them really is

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell? Are Erica, JJ, Vanessa, and Anahit not pros?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:12 AM

I felt pretty bad for that lady.

I like the fact that she didn't back down. She made some pretty bad plays that worked but she didn't fold under the pressure.

The reason I feel bad for her is it's almost like she got caught up in the moment with the cheerleading and "it's my destiny". Now it's on tape and she will hear about that for some time to come.