Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 07:30 AM

Default Re: 6 Max fundamentals for SSNL players

vnh OP.
Plz write more like this about fundamentals - this kind of post is the nutz for microNL.

Thanks for taking the time for doing this, mucha appreciated.

Whenever I'm in CO/BTN I'll think
"RAISE that [censored] up" [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

I would also like to add that when you guys are making changes, make them one session at a time.

Unless you are 1-2 tabling and putting a lot of focus into your game, you need to take the changes slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. I've made this mistake many a time, as learning players we've obviously got to change our games to get better. Changes take time to show results given the amount of variance and the rarity those situations where your new play comes up.
So an improvement may not show for some time, but by making a small change( I assume it's not a monstrous leak) it won't impact your game sufficently, so that a patch of downside variance will lead you to questioning the change and resorting to your old less EV ways.

I hate low Axo in CO, even on the BTN I don't often go lower than A9o/A8o yet in SB vs BB I pay acerag.

I've tightened up on my OSCs and only play them in multiway/looking to go multiway pots (CO->>SB) or IP(even UTG+1) vs xloose targets - though this might be a leak.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as far as never open limping...

What about situations where I would like to see cheap multiway flops, and am guaranteed position by being button or CO?

[/ QUOTE ]

say you have 56o on the button and the whole table limps.

Its +EV to limp along since the pot odds are so great.

but then again.... it never hurts to give a good dose of raising once in a while with trash.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:29 PM

v nice post. I'm starting to apply these concepts myself, esp. (almost) always raising PPs PF. I still limp 55-22 in UTG and UTG+1 (6max) but i think after reading this i might change that. One thing though: you say you raise AJo UTG but fold KQo. I do the opposite (folding AJo +raising QKo). It seems to me that QKo has greater value postflop, perhaps because of the added str8 possibility. any thoughts on that or is it minor?

Great post btw. thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
v nice post. I'm starting to apply these concepts myself, esp. (almost) always raising PPs PF. I still limp 55-22 in UTG and UTG+1 (6max) but i think after reading this i might change that. One thing though: you say you raise AJo UTG but fold KQo. I do the opposite (folding AJo +raising QKo). It seems to me that QKo has greater value postflop, perhaps because of the added str8 possibility. any thoughts on that or is it minor?

Great post btw. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. Specifically (since I've been reading NLHTAP) I raise AQ, KQ and any two suited cards, jack or higher, ie AJs,KJs and QJs.

I'm guessing that the differences are minor compared to the OP's stuff about late postion play, which is great and - like the best poker advice - rings clear and true the first time you read it. (Although I'd believe anything written that strongly!)
Old 10-28-2006, 04:47 PM

folding it isn't bad.

I raise all of these hands because I can play them post flop without trouble. I will fold A10o and Qko UTG in a tough table though. You rarely see that at 200 NL and below though. And if you do, you have pretty pathetic table selection. Too many fish swimming around low stakes to hang around regulars.

Just for the players starting out. As you get better and better you can start raising more and more.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:36 AM

Great post Tien, please write something more. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2006, 02:48 AM

great post for uNL... should be in the faq or sticky
Old 10-28-2006, 05:55 AM

Woah! This is gold. I like that you give hand ranges for each position, and explain why.

[ QUOTE ]
RAISE THAT [censored] UP

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2006, 08:19 AM

are the games not fishy any more? did the fish leave or something?

nice post though.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 AM

Isn't 18 a little much for a TAG? I'm 22/15 and I think that's quite TAGgy ;] Dunno.